Our deli associates assist the customer by preparing, slicing, weighing and wrapping fresh quality products such as deli meats, cheeses, and hot food selections. The following list serves as a sample of commonly performed duties.
- Follow company guidelines for providing quality customer service by greeting customers with a smile, offering assistance, suggesting alternatives when necessary and thanking them for shopping. Always maintain a positive and friendly attitude. Answer customer questions.
- Ensure fresh quality merchandise by rotating stock, using proper product handling procedures, and controlling damages according to company procedures and standards.
- Slice meats and cheeses to meet customer preferences. Wrap, weigh and price deli items. Prepare ready to eat food such as fried chicken, pizzas, hoagies and sandwiches. Assist with preparing meat, cheese and vegetable platters. May operate and be responsible for cash register operations and ensure proper money handling to avoid cash overages or shortages.
- Must be familiar with and have knowledge of food preparation and handling for deli lunch meats and salads, pizza, rotisserie and fried chicken as well as sandwiches. Generate sales by suggestive selling.
- Follow company, state, and federal regulations for proper food handling and complete required product logs. Adhere to safety guidelines while utilizing equipment and utensils.
- Ensure smooth workflow within department by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Strive to continuously improve job performance.
- Follow sanitation guidelines to maintain department conditions. Ensure compliance with health regulations, weights requirements, and measures and labeling laws according to company, state, federal and OSHA regulations. Dispose of trash properly.
- Complete other job duties as requested by management.
Job Requirements Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.Knowledge and Skills
Must know how to properly and safely operate equipment utilized in moving merchandise.
Must be 18 and trained in order to use most deli equipment including deli slicer.
Ability to multi-task.
Experience dealing with customers helpful. Physical Requirements
Sight and peripheral vision
Lifting up to 60 lbs
Communication (both verbal & written)
Standing for extended periods
Reaching, bending for extended periods
Posting ID: 555160982Posted: 2020-06-29