Location:Joint Systems Manufacturing Center - Lima, OH
Position Type:Full-Time Regular
Education Required:Associates Degree
Experience Required:Less than 1 year
Department:MFG Engineering - SBU - L2280 (Direct)
This entry-level, bargaining-unit-represented Tool Engineer position at General Dynamics Land Systems; Joint Systems Manufacturing Center (JSMC) provides an opportunity for a unique work experience involving the fabrication, machining, and assembly of tracked and wheeled military vehicles.
The Tool Engineer scope of work includes but is not limited to the following:
-Interpret drawings and 3D models for manufacturability with assembly processes
-Develop standard work assignments based on line balancing for varying production rates
- Develop and provide processes and instruction to the production operators
- Concept and detail fixturing and tool aids to support production processes
- Understand electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic requirements related to machines and fixturing
- Procure needed tooling and equipment to support assembly production processes
- Provide assistance on cost estimating for future programs and tasks
- Provide technical support and training to the manufacturing operations personnel at JSMC
- Implement PSCA and continuous improvement
- Provide technical interface with on-site customer (US Government)
-Involvement in and support of the formalized teaming process
Tool Engineer Requirements:
The successful candidate will possess:
- Associate degree in Mechanical Engineering; Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering preferred
-Experience with 3D modeling software; experience with Pro-E (Creo) is a plus
-Proficiency with MicroSoft Office Applications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
-Personal time management skills and organization and demonstrate same
The successful candidate will be:
-A U.S. Person as defined by ITAR (International Trafficking of Arms Regulation)
-Successful in completing the pre-employment process including but not limited to medical exam, drug screen, and background check.
-Able to obtain Department of Army unescorted facility access.
-Able to obtain/sustain Anthropometric Size Requirements (ASR) certifications for vehicle entry.
-Able to work in a team based environment.
-Able to climb, walk, and lift up to 20 lbs.
-Required to divide time between office and production floor, with a considerable amount of time spent in the production environment.
-Able to work in temperature extremes.
-Able to perform problem solving and root cause analysis.
-Willing and able to work off-shift, if required.
-Able to travel occasionally.
-Work overtime when needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
Posting ID: 555160989Posted: 2020-07-06