The Advertising/Media Specialist is responsible for the management and execution of marketing and advertising programs, external communications, mailers, promotions, campaigns and events and signage in stores. Candidate should be well-organized and confident with the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines. Is also the primary contact for the management of radio, television and out of home advertising/marketing campaigns from inception to completion. The Advertising Media Specialist will work with in-house teams as well as third party vendors to plan, execute and track all campaigns. It is essential that the Advertising Media Specialist have strong communication skills to ensure that projects are completed in time and within budget. The position requires that tasks are performed in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
- Supervise and manage the media marketplace to remain updated on the latest media trends that will help to identify opportunities and evolving issues on all media channels and interpret new technologies along with consumer reaction. Work with TV stations, Radio stations and Out of Home businesses to place, monitor and manage our brand messages in all areas where we operate.
- Place weekly messaging through all media channels and monitor GRPs (Gross Rating Points) so that we get our price and message on time and within budget. Schedule and monitor the day parts to maximize our audience reach. Work with all sales managers, media agencies and production studios to ensure our message gets broadcast through proper channels and to the appropriate audiences that we want to reach. Time of day is critical, as in drive times, making sure our brand message budget spending is reaching the proper audience.
- Monitor our competition on all media channels to determine their messages and evaluate ours to align with our branding, countering or enhancing what we must better our stores. Meet regularly with the Vice President and Director of Marketing on budgets, support areas where assigned to enhance messages, branding, sales support along with Grand Openings, remodels and competitive pressures.
- Schedule reviews with medias agencies, broadcast studios, TV, radio and other channels to ensure and audit that our media dollars are well spent and that the audience reach is growing in areas where we operate. Manage over a $2 million-dollar budget to best utilize our outreach to expose Weis Markets to the community to sell our products and services. Expose our communities to all offerings that Weis Markets carries, including but not limited to groceries, Pharmacy, Gas and ways to save by shopping with us.
- Responsible for briefing and monitoring the progress of marketing and advertising projects related to radio, television and out of home creative assets, including GRP and impression levels as well as other KPIs for media outlets.
- Coordinate with writers, graphic designers and other team Advertising team members to develop content and creative to satisfy marketing and advertising strategies while maintaining and communicating media specs and deadlines to both the internal team as well as third party agencies.
- Work closely with the vice president, director and store operations teams to refine, secure and execute on-site media events that will drive traffic to stores and imprint a community presence within our marketing footprint.
- Responsible for reviewing, proofing and obtaining final approval on all media content to ensure that messaging properly aligns with strategic company goals and that branding expectations are upheld.
- Compile information and communicate with the perishable, grocery and HBC/GM departments regarding sales program information and POS needs as well as working within the Pangea sign software portal to create and edit weekly files that generate POS for stores.
- Compile data regarding the weekly circular to assemble a usable item file used to generate shoppable content for the Weis2Go Online ecommerce solution.
Bachelor's degree (BS) in Business or two (2) years' experience in a business environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. In addition, advanced knowledge of InDesign is preferred.
Posting ID: 555160995Posted: 2020-06-29