Job Description Overview
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Respiratory Care Practitioner Provides Restorative And Interventional Care To Those Patients Requiring Respiratory Care Whether For Chronic On Acute Conditions. They Provide Various Treatment Modalities For This Patient Population And Are Responsible For The Monitoring Of The Effectiveness Of These Modalities And Identifying When Another Modality Should Be Substituted For The Present Choice. The Respiratory Therapist Is A Member Of The Critical Care Team Providing Resuscitative Measures When Necessary. Additionally, The Respiratory Therapist Acts As A Resource To The Patient Care Providers, Given The Level Of Education The Therapist Possesses In The Field Of Pulmonary Medicine. The Respiratory Therapist Also Performs Ekg's, Abg's And All The Duties Included With That.
- 1.Reviews All Physician?S Orders Prior To Administering Therapeutic Modalities, Monitors For Appropriateness And Contacts Nurses Or Physicians For Clarification As Needed.
- 2.Performs Patient Assessment Prior To And Upon Completion Of All Therapies According To Established Policies.
- 3.Administers Various Modalities Of Respiratory Care According To Established Departmental Policies To Achieve Desired Outcome For Specific Treatment Modality And Documents Patient Response Appropriately.
- 4.Evaluates All Patients For Response To Therapy And Refers Those Patients With Unusual/Unanticipated/Adverse Therapeutic Responses Immediately To Appropriate Individual/S As Per Department Policy For Further Intervention.
- 5.Suggests Modification Of Treatment Plan Based On Assessment Of Patient Responses.
- 6.Participates In Patient/Family Education With Regard To Goals Of Therapy, Proper Use Of Medications, Breathing Exercises/Techniques, Oxygen And Therapy Equipment, Skills Required To Successfully Manage Care And Other Areas Identified.
- 7.Gathers Appropriate Data For Use In Clinical Treatment Of The Patient And Updates Every Shift As Appropriated And Documents This Process According To Department Policy/Procedures .
- 8.Utilizes The Clinical Information System.
- 9.Has The Knowledge Of The Operation Of All Equipment And Trouble Shooting Equipment In Various Settings According To Department Policies.
- 10.Is Able To Perform In Emergency Situations, Utilizing Appropriate Resuscitative Techniques, Airway Management And Use Of Resuscitative Equipment.
- 11.Provides Respiratory Care And Support For Patients Requiring Transportation Nicu Through Adult.
- 12.Provides Support Should There Be An Oxygen System Failure.
- 13.Participates In Cqi.
- 14.Performs Ekg?S.
- 15.Collects Arterial Blood Specimens For Analysis.
- 16.Cross Trained Staff:
- 17.Performs, Diagnostic Testing And Completes Necessary Paperwork. Pulmonary Rehabilitation Staff
- 18.Are Responsible For The Assessment, Management And Education Of Patients Enrolled In The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program Along With Interdisciplinary Team Members And The Medical Director.
- 19.Safely Operates All Equipment According To Manufacturer Specification. Follows All Procedures On Safe Patient Interactions And Body Mechanics. Obtains And Maintains Proper Vaccines And Immunizations As Required. Adheres To All Safety Procedures In The Handling Of Hazardous Materials And Blood-Born Pathogens.
- 20.Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 21.Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Graduate Of Accredited School Of Respiratory Therapy With Credential Of Registered Respiratory Therapist.
May Begin As Entry Level Practitioner With No Experience But Must Successfully Attain Necessary Skills During Orientation And Probationary Period.
Current State Of Connecticut License Is A Requirement.
Cross Trained Staff In Cardiology, Pulmonary Lab And Or Pulmonary Rehabilitation Additional Information
Posting ID: 555161069Posted: 2020-06-08