EEOC Code: OperativeFLSA Code
: HourlyPosition Title: Feeder Operator Reports to:Printing Manager Location:Elk Grove Village, ILDate: February 2020 OPPORTUNITY:
We are a Food service folding carton manufacturing operation seeking candidates to join our Elk Grove Village, IL team. We're recruiting for multiple positions so be sure you review all of our job postings. This job posting is for Feeder Operator with a pay range of 19.25 to 21.50/hour plus shift differential and progressive pay increases.
We continually encourage our employees to advance their careers through on the job training and job progression through our strong promotion from within program. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, including health spending accounts and a progressive healthy lifestyle program, as well as 401-K with a company matching component and standard supplemental company contributions. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac, Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tabaco Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available.
Please review all of our job postings and apply for each position you feel you're qualified and would like to be considered for. JOB SUMMARY:
The person who occupies this position is responsible for the loading of blank sheets onto printing press. Feeder is also responsible for assisting the press crew with preparation, maintenance and running of press. They must understand and align business operations and cutting department as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives. JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Responsible for loading printing presses with stock, also working with PEAK and SAP, to insure proper inventory control.
- Responsible for checks for proper size, job number, customer name, stock type and caliper.
- Feeder Operator is responsible for reconciling all sheeted materials needed for each job.
- Upon completion of current running job, Feeder Operators duties are to assist with preparation of next job to be printed (press make ready).
- Responsible for any duties assigned by 1st Press Operator to keep printing press running.
- Assist with monthly cleaning of press (ERM'S).
- Manufacturing experience preferred
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Floor helper experience preferred but not required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English. Need to have basic math skills. Mechanical aptitude a plus.
- Schedules are up to 8 or 12-hour shifts on alternate days with rotating weekends off. However, employees must have the ability to work alternate schedules and overtime that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Some Departments/Jobs may run a M-F 8-hour Shift Schedule.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime.
- Sitting or standing, depending on changing job assignment, for extended periods.
- Awkward and/or repetitive movements.
- Physical demands commonly associated* with the performance of the functions of this job:
- While press is running, position requires physical ability to pull loaded pallet from press (weighing between 1500 and 2000 lbs.) with battery powered hand truck.
- Requires physical ability to lift and carry ink buckets (up to 35 lbs.). Buckets are carried up stairs (3ft.) and lifted approximately 4 ft. high.
- Requires lifting stacks of sheets (20-30 lbs.) from one pallet onto another.
- Machines, Tools, and Equipment
- Basic computer knowledge, Printing press, powered hand truck.
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, LLC
- Work in areas of fluctuating temperature.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Required Experience
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster. Nearest Major Market:
Chicago Job Segment:
ERP, Equipment Operator, SAP, Technology, Manufacturing