For over 30 years, Americare has extended care to senior generations in America's heartland. Men and women who have served sons and daughters, grandchildren, neighbors and their country in countless ways both small and great. Now it's our turn to help. We consider it a privilege to serve those who have passed on to us, "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness."
At the heart of every Americare community is a philosophy of person-centered care. This philosophy guides every decision we make. Person-centered care comes alive in our communities and truly makes a difference in the lives of our residents, their families and our co-workers. Over 90% of Americare employees would recommend their community as a great place to work.
To be fully considered applicants must include resume with their salary expectations.
Our Dining Service Cook prepares and cooks family - style meals and snacks and beverages for residents and sometimes employees and family members at nursing facility. Cooks foodstuffs in quantities according to menu and number of person to be served. Washes dishes. Bakes breads and pastry. Cuts meat. May serve meals. Plans menu or follow menu plan taking advantage of foods in season and local availability. May order supplies and keep records and accounts. May cook for person centered care facilities where food is cooked at resident's request. Have understanding of nutrition based meals.
Essential Duties include the following:
- Assist in cooking and preparation of food for special actives for residents, visitors and or staff.
- Attend and serve food during in-service or staff meetings if requested.
- Store and organize food in a safe and sanitary manner. Use carts, lumbar supports, life small quantity rather than large boxes to prevent injury.
- Wash dishes, utensils and other kitchen equipment. Keep supplies stored in safe manner.
- Prepare and serve food and drinks in timely manner.
- Ensure work area, utensils, and equipment are maintained in a sanitary and safe manner. Inspect electrical equipment and report and maintenance needs.
- Set and clear tables for and after meals.
- Minimal 18 years of age, grade school education
- Benefits of Joining our Team
- Opportunity to work with a professional team in a growing industry
- A team with a high level of energy, integrity and motivation to succeed
- Competitive compensation and a great benefit package including 401(k)
- Paid time off and holidays
- Medical and dental insurance
We offer employees access to wages on demand
located in St. Clair Missouri
Posting ID: 555161453Posted: 2020-07-14