Position Purpose- Remove cartons from machine, inspect, pack cartons, performs quality checks, and completes documentation. Safely operates all assigned equipment to move material. Use all equipment and effectively complete all necessary paperwork accurately. Prepare all products for damage-free shipment. Procedures are well established. Supervisor readily available as needed. Required Skills
- Catches and inspects cartons coming off machine to ensure they are glued and formed properly
- Checks for defects by pulling stacks of cartons off machine, dropping stack on table, fanning out the stack and tapping
- Packs off product into case and tapes completed box closed per specification
- Palletizes as needed
- Flat packing & rework
- Checks level of glue on carton throughout shift and informs Glue Machine Operator/Feeder of any problems
- Assists Glue Machine Operator and Feeder in any way needed to keep machine running
- Documents maintenance report, log sheet, QA checks and production
- Provides relief for breaks as needed
- Keeps area and machine clean throughout shift
- Responsible for understanding and adhering to all GMP, safety, food safety, SQF, HACCP and food defense procedures (training will be provided)
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Mechanical/technical aptitude
- Computer skills
- Color acuity test required
- Ability to work safely
- Ability to work with others
- Must be flexible; willing to work other shifts, overtime and weekends
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Desire to work additional hours (overtime).
Occasional physical effort (continuous or prolonged standing/ bending, etc.) required. Work environment involves constant exposure to adverse conditions such as dust, noise, fumes, weather, poor lighting, or heavy machinery/equipment.
Graphic Packaging International. Must be willing and able to work overtime.See Physical Demand & Job Analysis for more detailed information.Required Experience
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster Nearest Major Market:
Minneapolis Job Segment:
Quality Assurance, Technology