EEOC Code: Operative FLSA Code
: HourlyPosition Title:Material Handler Reports to:Printing ManagerLocation:Elk Grove Village, ILDate: Febraury, 2020 OPPORTUNITY:
We are a Food service folding carton manufacturing operation seeking candidates to join our Elk Grove Village, IL team. We're recruiting for multiple positions so be sure you review all of our job postings. This job posting is for a Material Handler with a pay range of 16.77 to 19.56 /hour plus shift differential and progressive pay increases.
We continually encourage our employees to advance their careers through on the job training and job progression through our strong promotion from within program. We offer a wide array of benefits including, but not limited to, Paid Vacation & Holidays, optional Health, Dental, and Life Insurance, including health spending accounts and a progressive healthy lifestyle program, as well as 401-K with a company matching component and standard supplemental company contributions. Employees may voluntarily elect Pet Insurance, Home & Auto Insurance Programs, Purchasing Power, Tuition Reimbursement, Aflac, Lifelock Identity Protection, and Hyatt Legal Services. Tobacco Cessation and Employee Assistance/Referral Program, Uniform Service, Safety Shoe, and Safety Prescription-Eyewear benefits are also available.
Please review all of our job postings and apply for each position you feel you're qualified and would like to be considered for. JOB SUMMARY:The person who occupies this position is responsible for transporting materials from finishing department to shipping department and having these materials stretch wrapped.
Material Handlers understand and align business operations and Finishing Department as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives. JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS:
- Responsible for retrieving loaded pallets of flat cartons from finishing area and transporting them (by use of forklift) to shipping area. Jeep Driver spends approximately 95% of working shift on forklift.
- Responsible for wrapping loaded pallets with plastic wrap: Material Handler places load onto "shrink wrapping" machinery and attaches beginning of wrap to load. Machinery automatically wraps load.
- Responsible for loading finished materials onto outgoing trucks by use of forklift.
- Responsible for performing daily preventive maintenance duties on forklift.
- Material Handler must go through check list (check water and oil level, air blow engine, check brake, etc...) on daily basis. Jeep Driver is also responsible for refilling empty propane tanks.
- Manufacturing experience preferred
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Must speak, read and write in English.
- Must be flexible: Able to work other shifts, overtime and Saturdays when needed.
- Must be able to operate forklift.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Schedules are up to 8 or 12-hour shifts on alternate days with rotating weekends off. However, employees must have the ability to work alternate schedules and overtime that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
- Some Departments/Jobs may run a M-F 8-hour Shift Schedule.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime.
GRAPHIC PACKAGING INTERNATIONAL, LLC
- Sitting or standing, depending on changing job assignment, for extended periods.
- Awkward and/or repetitive movements.
- Physical and visual activities that are commonly associated* with the performance of the functions of this job:
- Position is associated with walking, lifting (propane tanks, cases of cartons, etc...), carrying (propane tanks), and sitting (in forklift).
- Physical demands commonly associated* with the performance of the functions of this job:
- Person must have physical coordination to operate forklift. Person is operating forklift approximately 95% of working shift.
- Material Handler is continually getting on and off forklift (getting off lift to start wrapping machine; getting on lift to move materials, etc...,) throughout working shift.
- Handler must be able to lift propane tank (weighing approximately 50 - 60 lbs.) and carry tank to area to be filled. This activity is performed approximately every work shift.
- Inside Conditions, extremes of heat (summer), humidity, noise (from forklift and production machinery).
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, natural origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Required Experience
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster. Nearest Major Market:
Chicago Job Segment:
Warehouse, Forklift, Manufacturing