For over 30 years, Americare has extended care to senior generations in America's heartland. We pride ourselves on being resident focused, encouraging employees to make smart, responsible decisions that are in the best interest of individual residents.
Why belong with our Americare team?
Every employee company-wide is a valued part of the organization, dedicated to their commitment and passion of creating a person-centered home environment for each resident - truly making a difference in the lives they touch.
Each individual facility is a vibrant part of the communities they serve. While our resident benefits from industry leading care, our employees are offered competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit packages, flexible scheduling, free meals and a place they can belong.
We offer comprehensive and competitive medical and dental benefits. Our medical plans offer preventive care services, covered prescription drug benefits, and a large network of doctors and hospitals to help you and your family improve or maintain your health.
Our culture supports team members wherever they are on their health and well-being journey. We offer tools and resources such as Employee Assistance Program and Employee Relief Fund.
Paid Time Off
The flexibility of Paid Time Off (PTO) lets you set your own priorities. Use PTO for any number of your life events.
We encourage you to continue your professional development. Americare will reimburse you for eligible tuition for approved courses.
Our Dining Service Cook prepares and cooks family - style meals and snacks and beverages for residents and sometimes employees and family members at nursing facility. Cooks foodstuffs in quantities according to menu and number of person to be served. Washes dishes. Bakes breads and pastry. Cuts meat. May serve meals. Plans menu or follow menu plan taking advantage of foods in season and local availability. May order supplies and keep records and accounts May cook for person centered care facilities where food is cooked at resident's request. Have understanding of nutrition based meals.
Minimal 18 years of age, grade school education
Americare Senior Living is a drug-free workplace
- Assist in cooking and preparation of food for special actives for residents, visitors and or staff.
- Attend and serve food during in-service or staff meetings if requested.
- Store and organize food in a safe and sanitary manner. Use carts, lumbar supports, life small quantity rather than large boxes to prevent injury.
- Wash dishes, utensils and other kitchen equipment. Keep supplies stored in safe manner.
- Prepare and serve food and drinks in timely manner.
- Ensure work area, utensils, and equipment are maintained in a sanitary and safe manner. Inspect electrical equipment and report and maintenance needs.
- Set and clear tables for and after meals.
We offer employees access to wages on demand