For over 30 years, Americare has extended care to senior generations in America's heartland. We pride ourselves on being resident focuses, encouraging employee to make smart, responsible decisions that are in the best interest of individual residents.
Why belong with our Americare team
Every employee company-wide is a valued part of the organization, dedicated to their commitment and passion of creating a person centered home environment for each resident- truly making a difference in the lives they touch.
Each individual facility is a vibrant part of the communities they serve. While our resident benefit from industry leading care, our employees are offered competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit packages, flexible scheduling, free meals and a place they can belong.
We offer comprehensive and competitive medical and dental benefits. Our medical plans offer preventive care services, covered prescription drug benefits, and large network of doctors and hospitals to help you and your family improve or maintain your health.
Our culture supports team members wherever they are on their health and well-being journey. We offer tools and resources such as Employee Assistance Program and Employee Relief Fund.
Paid Time Off
The flexibility of Paid Time Off(PTO) lets you set your own priorities. Use PTO for any number of your life events.
We encourage you to continue your professional development. Americare will reimburse you for eligible tuition for approved courses.
Assistant Director of Nursing (RN) Position Summary:
Under direct supervision of Director of Nurses. Responsible for assisting in the training of all professional nurses, CMT, CMA and NA and C.N.A. to ensure quality care and safety in the work areas. Assist in the administration of the nursing program within Americare skilled or assisted living facilities to maintain quality standards of resident care and advises medical staff, department heads, and administrators in matters related to nursing service: Recommends establishment or revision of policies and develops organizational structure and standards of performance. Assist in the interpretation of policies and objectives of nursing service to staff and community groups. Promotes working relationships with community agencies and with other establishment departments. May assist in preparation of departmental budget. Established personnel qualification requirements, may assist in drafting procedure manuals, initiating in-service programs, installing record and reporting systems, and performing other personnel management tasks. Assists in initiating studies to evaluate effectiveness of nursing service in relation to their objectives and costs.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Responsible for assisting with the nursing services and its administration and clinical supervision.
- Responsible for the implementation of nursing objectives, standards of nursing care, nursing policy and procedure manual, and reviews and revises such as necessary and at least annually.
- Interprets all nursing policies and procedures to nursing personnel. Determines that nursing care standards and nursing policies and procedures are being followed according to written guidelines.
- Supervises and gives clinical guidance to nurses and other nursing staff (PCA, C.N.A., CMT, etc.) as necessary.
- Makes rounds to assess resident and staffing needs and visits residents each work day.
- Works under the direction of Director of Nursing to assure that all nursing personnel complete the required orientation and attend the necessary in-service training, and that appropriate documentation is maintained.
- Responsible for assisting with nursing assessments on monthly, or as needed basis, documenting and notifying physicians and families of change in condition, obtaining appropriate orders and implementing orders. Responsible for supervising personal hygiene of residents.
- Responsible for seeing that all the necessary written documents such as Admission Nursing Assessments, Nursing Notes, Over-All-Care Plans and other required information is kept current in the resident record system. (Records are kept current following facility's policies, ASI standards and/or State and Federal regulations.
- Responsible for assisting administrator in keeping facility standards up to state and federal and ASI requirements and assisting with any and all inspections. Team member in planning, evaluating, and providing safe home like environment and quality of life for residents.
- Responsible for determining that the medication systems meets the needs of the resident, is an effective type administration system, and is set up according to State regulations and pharmaceutical guidelines.
- Keeps administrator informed of significant changes in residents' conditions, transfer of residents to the hospital, expirations or any pertinent information regarding the residents and/or employees.
- Assists in determining the type of residents to be admitted to the facility using established nursing care criteria as a guideline. Makes decisions as to placement of residents and transfer to other rooms as necessary.
- Communicates with Director of Nursing, schedules and conducts nursing staff meetings and maintenance of records of such.
- Assesses supply and equipment needs for nursing department and sees that adequate stocks are maintained.
- Determines that incident reports are made out as necessary or as indicated and reviews such on a routine basis.
- Is available for call when needed by the staff members on duty in matters pertaining to nursing care.
- Performs any other duties as may be necessary as specified by the Director of Nursing of the facility.
Indoor with adequate lighting and ventilation, carpet, tile, concrete floors. May include outdoor or public activities or attending recreational events with residents.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Category 1, possibility of exposure on daily basis.
Required use of personal protective equipment
When administering resident care, gait belt, lumbar support, two man lift policy, and use of mechanical lifts in noted facilities
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours can vary depending on coverage and demands of the community.
Qualifications/ Education/Experience/Skills: Education:
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Current state Registered Nursing license
- Maintains current state registration and ongoing education certification
Americare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Americare does not discriminate in employment opportunities, decisions or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetics, national origin, age, mental or physical handicap or disability, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by law (may also be called "protected class"). In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Americare will be based upon merit, qualifications and abilities. Americare will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Americare. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, job assignment, training, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Americare Senior Living is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.
This job description has been approved by all levels of management. Employee signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of the position.
We offer employees access to wages on demand