We are looking for Candidates that can work either or both of the following shifts:
7a-1p & 4p-8pNewly hired Personal Care Attendants would be required to complete a background check and an free 8-hour training Course
Signature HealthCARE of Palm Beach is a 120-bed facility located in the heart of the city of Lake Worth, FL. We offer short-term rehabilitation and community reintegration as well as well as long term and hospice care services. Our qualified staff is committed to providing patients with an individualized plan of care designed to meet each individual's physical, social, spiritual and emotional needs. How you will make a difference:
How you will spend your time:
- Perform support and assistance to nursing personnel and assist with promoting a compassionate physical and psychosocial environment for the residents.
The qualifications you will need:
- Provide personal care (i.e., grooming, bathing, dressing, oral care, etc.) of residents daily and as needed.
- Change bed linen and maintain appropriate grooming supplies in resident room on a regular basis.
- Assist with ambulating and transferring of residents, utilizing appropriate assistive devices and body mechanics.
- Routinely turn and position residents, as necessary.
- Observe residents carefully and report changes in condition to Charge Nurse.
- Recognize a resident's ability to make choices and support these within the constraints of the care giving environment.
- Participate in collecting data needed for the accurate completion of the MDS and the plan of care. Provide input to the nurses for development of the plan of care.
- Provide adequate hydration to residents at regular intervals each day according to specific resident needs.
- Prepare residents for each meal and transport to dining room (unless a bed patient) making sure that food tray is accessible, self-help devices are available (if needed), and assistance is provided to those residents who cannot feed themselves.
- Keep an accurate record of food intake and output, as directed.
- Maintain established housekeeping standards within assigned duty areas.
- Assist nursing staff with the basics of aseptic and sterile techniques to avoid infection of residents and self-contamination of equipment and supplies.
- Be alert for proper ventilation, temperature, light and noise control.
- Promptly answer call lights and assist with other resident needs.
- Utilize proper body mechanics when lifting or transporting residents.
- Meet physical and sensory requirements stated below and be able to work in the described environment.
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or improve the work environment.
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
Your work environment:
- Must meet minimum age requirements of 18yrs
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work well within a team environment in support of company objectives.
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of quality and productivity.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and make independent decisions.
- Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written procedures.
- Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Function independently, and have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders and vendors.
Physical and Sensory requirements:
- You'll work mostly indoors on floors that are tiled or carpeted.
- You'll be around other co-workers, residents and their guests.
- You'll have possible exposure to occasional slippery floors, chemicals, sharp objects, and hazardous materials and waste (including human), blood borne pathogens, and communicable diseases.
- You'll be around possible high-stress medical and/or life threatening situations.
- This role requires considerable physical activity.
- Requires heavy physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to fifty (50) or more pounds. Physical work is a primary part (more than 70%) of job.
- Push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds to a minimum height of three (3) feet and be able to push, pull, move, and/or carry such weight a minimum distance of fifty (50) feet.
- Standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Bending and/or stooping for more than one (1) hour at a time
Posting ID: 555161530Posted: 2020-05-25