Transportation Manager II Department:
Supply Chain Country:
United States of America State/Province:
Windsor Locks Full/Part Time:
Full time Job Summary:
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for the direct management and supervision of midsize driver count, ensuring safe and timely service movement of freight, load assignment and providing best in class customer service. Ensure compliance with DOT regulations and responsible for all drivers compliance and company regulations while working with internal and external contacts to ensure the accurate planning, routing, monitoring, and delivery of freight and loads Job Description:Key Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain positive professional relationships with drivers and safe, reliable outside carriers to ensure seamless new carrier set-up, minimize turnover and maximize ongoing productivity.
- Assign loads and plan, route, and monitor freight movement to provide safe, on-time service and meet customer requirements, including managing exceptions on that freight and driver ETA adjustments based on pick-up and delivery schedules, and other environmental factors on the road.
- Maintain the Company's safety culture to include daily driver safety messages, monthly driver safety briefings, quarterly driver training, annual reviews, and enforce company policies to ensure DOT compliance and company safety requirements are being met.
- Work with drivers, customers, and company personnel to resolve service issues, routing and/or planning, mechanical problems, accessorial pay related issues, etc. as they occur throughout the day and, where necessary, when on call.
- Manage yard including checking/inspecting equipment, replace parts (like mud flaps), complete repairs, etc. and coordinate with maintenance to ensure all regular preventative maintenance services are scheduled on time and all safety related mechanical issues are fixed for account equipment (as required).
- Perform administrative duties such as payroll, management of the Net-Revenue budget, driver counseling, accident reviews, filing and documenting, resolving pay issues, analyzing P&L statements, invoicing and/or creating operational or financial reports.
- Manage inventory, assets, customer pools and/or assignment of drivers to balance equipment in market.
- Conduct analysis of fleet operations and profitability and make recommendations for continuous improvement,determine and measure key performance indicators, and create, maintain and present customer specific reporting and financial analysis through face-to-face interactions at customer location.
- Utilize personnel management including training and orientation of drivers and/or employees including the training and assistance with internal and third party (customer) systems.
- Fill in for absent or unavailable personnel and on special projects related to optimizing fleet operations and achieving profitability.
- High School Diploma/GED with 3-4 years of Transportation/Logistics experience and/or 1-2 years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's Degree with 1 year of relevant professional experience or 4-5 years of experience in the Transportation/Logistics industry
- Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy
- Anticipate, recognize, and deal effectively with existing or potential conflicts at the individual, group, or situation level
- Ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment
- Ability to adapt to changing environments
- Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with clients, vendors, and peers
- Ability to meet or exceed team/driver needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner
- Effective communication skills.
Bachelors: Business Administration/Management, Bachelors: Business Communications, GED (Required), High School (Required) Work Experience:
Management-Entry Level, Transportation/Logistics Certifications:Job Opening ID:
00351791 Transportation Manager II (Open) "This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions."
Posting ID: 555161605Posted: 2020-05-25