Mobile Trailer Mechanic Department:
United States of America State/Province:
St. Paul Full/Part Time:
Full time Job Summary:
Set shift. Not on call.
Our Mobile Trailer Mechanics are responsible for servicing our tractors, trailers, chassis, containers, and power equipment at a customer site or rail yard using a mobile service truck. Specific duties include performing complete preventive maintenance services, replacing air lines, repairing/replacing brakes and brake chambers, repairing lights and wiring, welding, cutting, and other repairs.
What can we offer you?
• Competitive pay and benefit packages
• Job security
• Strong family atmosphere
• 401K with company match
• Safety focused environment
• "Promote-from-within" culture
• Opportunities to learn and enhance technical skillsets
• Work-life balance
• Work on new, industry-leading equipment
• First class training
• Highest quality tools Job Description:Required Qualifications:
- Minimum 1-year experience in Semi-Trailer maintenance and repair and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must have basic computer skills and/or comfortable working with a computer.
- Must have proper tools.
Conditions of Employment
- At least 1-year of experience in federal highway inspections and air brakes.
- Certifications are a plus.
Employment is conditional upon successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, employment verification, and background check to include a motor vehicle record (MVR) and DOT physical. Education:Work Experience:Certifications:Job Opening ID:
00351805 Mobile Trailer Mechanic (Open) "This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions."
Posting ID: 555161633Posted: 2020-06-29