At Kindred, we believe our Nurses are the heart of our organization
- from the extraordinary kindness and compassionate they show to the exceptional care they provide. As an RN here, you will engage our patients and their families, helping to ensure the best possible outcomes by reducing lengths of stay and unnecessary re-hospitalizations. Join us and see firsthand what it's like to grow and advance in a truly collaborative environment where everyone is supported, empowered and inspired to be their best and do their best.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What do you need to be a successful Registered Nurse at Kindred? Here are the top traits we're looking for:
- Team player
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
Education is really all it takes to be a nurse. But passion and love for mankind - that's what it takes to be a good nurse at Kindred.
- Denise, RN, Kindred Chicago Central
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
- 401(k) Plan
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
- Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
- Wellness Program
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
- Bonuses & Recognition
Retention bonus, Employee of the Month Recognition, and Individual Recognition for going "Above & Beyond".
What makesKindred Healthcare
a great place to work? Our people, of course! OurRegistered Nurses
answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize theirjob
effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction.This is who we are.Who are you?
To succeed in our high-energy, high reward environment, ournurses
provide compassionatecritical care
and deliver exceptionalpatient experiences,
meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As the most acute level of care inKindred's
continuum, our transitional care hospitals offer the samecritical care
patients receive in a traditionalhospital
orintensive care unit
, but for an extended recovery period. OurRegistered Nurses
play a vital role in the recovery process forchronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
As aRegistered Nurse / RN
- Provide planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation.
- Develop nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family, and interdisciplinary staff as necessary.
- Communicate changes in patient's clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate.
- Participate in discharge planning process.
As aRegistered Nurse / RN
you will have:
- Graduated from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing as Registered Nurse / RN or Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program as a Registered Nurse / RN.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse / RN.
- BCLS certification is required.ACLS preferred.
- Minimum six months as a Registered nurse / RN with Medical/Surgical experience in an acute care setting preferred.