In this key and caring role,
you will assess/screen patients' daily living/work-related skills and develop therapeutic retraining programs with measurable objectives. All in a highly supportive work environment that respects the individual, puts the patient first, and emphasizes growing, learning and having fun along the way. Join us as an Occupational Therapist and be at your best working collaboratively as a team and utilizing the latest industry advancements, technologies and techniques.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What do you need to be a successful Occupational Therapist at Kindred? Here are the top traits we're looking for:
- Visual thinker
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
My patient's family was so excited when she was released. And she was in tears because she was so happy and grateful for the treatment she got here.
- Anna Marie, OT, Texas Rehabilitation Hospital of Fort Worth
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
- 401(k) Plan
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
- Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
- Wellness Program
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
- Professional Choice Account
Free money is set aside for all therapists to help with education, training, and uniforms.
Kindred Rehabilitation Services provides recruiting management services for several of its customers. Positions at customer facilities, such as this position for Guardian Rehabilitation, are filled directly by the customer.
Guardian Rehab is dedicated to personal and professional excellence. They offer the very best in state-of-the-art rehabilitation programs. Their therapy teams have made the difference in the lives of our residents and patients, and their recovery process. Their therapists take a caring and sincere approach with each patient to ensure progressive improvement and success with their rehabilitation program.
At Guardian Rehab, providing support is their top priority. They understand that a positive attitude will enhance patient outcomes, which is why they emphasize team growth and development. Guardian's leadership team, experience, skills and management create an atmosphere to enhance your personal achievement and career goals.
At Guardian Rehab, they will be there every step of the way, committed to providing support and mentoring so that their therapists can be their very best!
We welcome you to join their team and build a career with Guardian.
As an Occupational Therapist / OT
- After evaluating your patient's condition, you'll develop a specialized treatment plan to help him/her achieve as much as possible in regaining his/her well-being through exercise and/or use of prosthetic and orthotic devices. You and your staff will play an important role in his/her recovery.
- Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and other team members; instruct patient's family or nursing staff in follow-through programs.
- Document patient care in accordance with Guardian Rehab, regulatory, licensing, payer and accrediting requirements.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Make presentations to support marketing efforts, at team conferences and in-services.
- Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the standards of the Company's Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws.
As anOccupational Therapist / OT
you will have:
- Degree from an accredited Occupational Therapy program.
- Valid National Provider Identification (NPI) number is required.
- Minimum of six months occupational therapy experience preferred.
- Current and unrestricted Occupational Therapy license in the state where services are rendered.
- Current CPR certification.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends.