U.S. Bank is seeking a Principal Solutions Architect to act as the technical liaison between internal adoption of an internal Enterprise Cloud PaaS which brings a broad array of new software capabilities to our internal teams, including a move to the public cloud, in support of US Bank's engineering and digital transformations. Solutions Architects will help application teams and business information officers design applications often including prototyping, creating reference designs, writing white papers, and capturing gaps and related requirements to help drive continuous improvement of the TOS Microservices Platform.
Successful candidates will have deep technical knowledge and experience in a similar role or in an engineering capacity leveraging the public cloud and/or working with large scale microservices platforms. Candidates will have excellent communication and internal sales skills.
• Contribute to our Digital Transformation efforts by ensuring that teams developing new applications or upgrading existing applications are aligning their work with and taking advantage of our common internal technology platform.
• Help teams make tradeoffs across business, technology, organization, and finance constraints.
• Identify gaps in our platform and capture specific use cases and requirements to support our shared technology teams in identifying solutions to these gaps as well as prioritizing the platform backlog.
• Develop reference designs, case studies, and prototype or templates to help teams self-serve solutions to their application design challenges.
• Participate in and support teams during design reviews and finance reviews.
•Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent work experience
•Minimum of 10 years of work experience in software development, solutions architecture, or technology/enterprise architecture.
•Candidates from public cloud vendors as well as medium to large (> 300 engineer) enterprises will be considered
•Demonstrated ability to tackle tough design challenges, work with teams facing complex tradeoffs, and identify solutions that align with global priorities.
•Ability to communicate complex technology problems to non-engineering audiences.
•Experience as a solution architect at a cloud vendor
•Experience as an architect or engineer on a large microservices team
•Experience with the full lifecycle of a microservices implementation; including experiencing the long-term consequences of tradeoffs made during the design phase
•Experience contributing to open source projects. Experiencing sitting on open source committees or engaging in open source forums is a further plus.
Posting ID: 555162970Posted: 2020-05-25