Senior Electrical Design Engineer
US-VT-Williston US-ME-SacoJob ID:
Full Time# of Openings:
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems (GD-OTS) is the leading manufacturer of weapons systems used by every branch of the military on helicopters, airplanes, and battleships. We specialize in the design of Gatling gun systems, turreted systems, electro-optical fire controls, and several other distinguished product lines. This position will support programs that directly aid the US warfighter. Major responsibilities of this role are the electrical aspects of designing, developing, testing, and maintaining of weapon systems.
This role will require working under limited supervision with a tightknit electrical group to provide design concepts, lead detail design from product inception through final delivery, support test, and quickly respond to any type of issues. The role will require an electrical engineer of many hats that works on a broad range of programs with a variety of applications.
This job may require occasional travel to our manufacturing facility in Saco, ME and to our customers and suppliers across the US. This position can also be based in Saco, ME. Responsibilities
- Design high reliability electrical systems to support warfighter needs.
- Generate definition of performance requirements for electrical systems.
- Decompose customer requirements into systems, subsystem, software (etc.) requirements.
- Create and manage the requirements verification database and ensure that it satisfies each system requirement. Produce requirements verification trace matrices for communicating requirements coverage.
- Plan and support implementation of system integration testing and verification program to ensure the system meets all requirements, including development of test procedures and how compliance will be demonstrated.
- Generate documentation including formal reports, drawings, specifications, proposals, interface controls, and other technical data package items.
- Communicate and work with the project team, labs, suppliers, customers, and functional management.
This role is looking for a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience and a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Broad knowledge of electrical applications.
- Knowledge of requirements management and requirements verification matrices using tools such as DOORS.
- Systems Engineering for derivation and documentation of subsystem requirements
- System integration and test.
- Designing military systems that comply with standards and specifications such as MIL-STD-704 and MIL-STD-461.
- Controlling of brushless DC motors.
- Hands on troubleshooting of electrical assemblies.
- High skill level with MS Office.
- Interested in the best and most practical solution, not necessarily the most fascinating one.
- Work independently, but respect deadlines and budgets.
- Work multiple projects concurrently.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to work effectively with all levels and in a team environment, and communicate clearly.
Posting ID: 555163177Posted: 2020-06-15