Full Time# of Openings:
Accounting - Audit
GD-OTS is looking for an experiencedManager Accounting
to join our Lincoln, NE organization.
We are expanding rapidly and looking for motivated and creative individuals who want to help support and shape this organization as we grow.
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems provides reliable and affordable composite products to the defense and commercial aerospace markets. With more than 50 years of expertise, General Dynamics designs, develops, manufactures and tests a full range of composite missile and space structures, including rocket motors, pressure vessels, launch tubes and fuel tanks. Responsibilities
- Prepares and files state and local tax filings with assistance from OTS Tax Team
- Assists OTS Tax Team by providing site financial information as requested to help prepare federal tax filings
- Prepares, tracks, and analyzes overhead variance reports on a regular basis.
- This includes performing overhead variance walk-downs and tracking/analyzing over-under absorption by pool.
- Works with local leadership to develop overhead budgets for future years and using this information to prepare Forward-Pricing Rate Proposals that are submitted to government defense contracting agencies for review and approval.
- Prepares annual Incurred Cost Submission to be submitted to government defense contracting agencies
- Prepares monthly indirect pool rate calculations for government cost monitoring
- Local point-of-contact for Government Compliance accounting questions.
- Leads the local site month-end close process for submittal to home office for consolidation. This includes:
- Preparing month-end journal entries, booking home office allocations, reconciling inter/intra company accounts, financial statement review and analysis, working with home office finance to properly record intra-company invoices
- Works with the Financial Service Center to review, analyze, and approve regular AP payment runs.
- Forecasts cash on a regular basis by analyzing receipts, payables, and various other cash transactions.
- Ensures accounting procedures and tasks are in compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting and 7+ years experience in related field or equivalent. 5+ years DoD accounting experience. 5+ years Job Cost Accounting experience and CPA preffered. Computer Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Oracle, PeopleSoft, and IFS Supervisory Responsibilities:
Directly supervises 1-3 employees in the Accounting Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees. Work Environment:
Primarily office environment with some exposure to the production environment.
Posting ID: 555163178Posted: 2020-07-13