Job Description Overview
The name "Zion" means a place of peace and refuge. As a sanctuary with over 146,000 acres of cliffs, canyons, diverse plant and animal life, and uninterrupted beauty, Zion is well-named. Its massive sandstone walls, some as high as 3,800 feet, offer an opportunity for serenity and reflection for all who visit-and Zion Lodge offers the only in-park lodging inside this hiker's paradise. For those that live and work in the park, there are endless opportunities to explore the amazing wonders that surround you. As an employee of Zion National Park Lodge you received extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals (will clarify if free), employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties, and a generous benefits program for full time employees. Responsibilities
- Follow all policy, procedures and service standards.
- Perform all cashiering duties properly.
- Suggest an add on sale to every transaction performed.
- Stock product as necessary, making sure all displays are kept stocked, neat and clean within the guidelines of the Retail Standards Manual.
- Keep the sales floor clean; which includes sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, mopping, and trash removal.
- Give accurate helpful information to guests.
- Alert manager to shrinkage, guest problems and concerns.
- Maintain a good working relationship with Managers and co-workers.
- Maintain a safe work area.
- Able to operate a cash register, handle cash accurately, open and close the store with or without assistance.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of retail procedures by completing the required training.
- Able to function with flexibility and courteous behavior in a high traffic seasonal retail operation.
- Acquire and demonstrate a basic knowledge of product information.
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Able to stand/walk for a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Frequently lift and carry cartons weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Carry boxes/product up and down stairs several times a day.
- Must be able to bend down or kneel to stock product frequently during a shift.
Posting ID: 555163593Posted: 2020-06-29