Job Description Overview
The name "Zion" means a place of peace and refuge. As a sanctuary with over 146,000 acres of cliffs, canyons, diverse plant and animal life, and uninterrupted beauty, Zion is well-named. Its massive sandstone walls, some as high as 3,800 feet, offer an opportunity for serenity and reflection for all who visit-and Zion Lodge offers the only in-park lodging inside this hiker's paradise. For those that live and work in the park, there are endless opportunities to explore the amazing wonders that surround you. As an employee of Zion National Park Lodge you received extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals (will clarify if free), employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties, and a generous benefits program for full time employees. Responsibilities
- Provide excellent guest service in a fast-paced Cafe'.
- Perform all job duties toward the goal of maximizing guest service.
- Maintain appearance and uniform standards.
- Develop a teamwork attitude with all co-workers.
- Maintain open and positive communication with supervisors and co-workers.
- Conduct themselves in a professional manner with the awareness that all actions and communications are within guest view.
- Greet guests and handle all service issues in an immediate and gracious manner.
- Knowledgeable of and adherence to all menu item specifications.
- Practice suggestive selling.
- Maintain cleanliness/sanitation of the dining and service areas.
- Complete assigned duties with each shift.
- Follow the correct food preparation procedures.
- Approach all situations at work in a positive manner, which promotes an enjoyable work experience.
- Respond graciously to guest service and product issues and report the situation to the Manager or Supervisor on duty.
- Perform any and all task requested by supervisor.
Previous fast food and/or restaurant experience helpful.
- Ability to retain large amounts of information.
- Ability to work on your feet for an eight-hour period.
- Ability to lift and transport items weighing up to 40 pounds or more.
- Ability to read recipes and cash register receipts.
- Ability to operate cash register and count change.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and co-workers.
- Ability to work in areas with temperatures in excess of 90 degrees.
- Ability to maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
Posting ID: 555163603Posted: 2020-07-14