Job Description Overview
The name "Zion" means a place of peace and refuge. As a sanctuary with over 146,000 acres of cliffs, canyons, diverse plant and animal life, and uninterrupted beauty, Zion is well-named. Its massive sandstone walls, some as high as 3,800 feet, offer an opportunity for serenity and reflection for all who visit-and Zion Lodge offers the only in-park lodging inside this hiker's paradise. For those that live and work in the park, there are endless opportunities to explore the amazing wonders that surround you. As an employee of Zion National Park Lodge you received extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals, employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties, and a generous benefits program for full time employees. Responsibilities
- Perform all duties toward the goal of providing excellent guest service in an efficient manner.
- Follow all policy, procedures and service standards.
- Responsible for prep, set-up, service, clean up, and restocking of cooks line and appropriate prep areas.
- Adhere to all sanitation requirements including product rotation, temperature maintenance and record keeping, storage procedures, cooking requirements, and handling techniques.
- Ability to complete orders, by the plate or the pan, properly, according to approved menu specs and in a timely manner.
- Ability to work from prep and par lists and follow standardized recipes. Commit food specifications to memory.
- Develop and maintain positive communication and teamwork with all co-workers and supervisors.
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner with the awareness that all actions and communications are within staffs view.
- Ensure a congenial atmosphere for all.
- Maintain appearance and uniform standards.
- Work quickly, efficiently, and safely with all kitchen equipment.
- Previous line or batch cooking experience.
- Knowledge of basic sanitation and kitchen equipment skills.
- Comprehending and extending/converting recipes.
- Ability to absorb large amounts of information in a short period of time.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
- Ability to work in a hot environment for long periods of time, approximately 8 hours.
- Must be able to walk for long period of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, and reach for extended periods of time.
Posting ID: 555163614Posted: 2020-06-29