Job Description Overview
The name "Zion" means a place of peace and refuge. As a sanctuary with over 146,000 acres of cliffs, canyons, diverse plant and animal life, and uninterrupted beauty, Zion is well-named. Its massive sandstone walls, some as high as 3,800 feet, offer an opportunity for serenity and reflection for all who visit-and Zion Lodge offers the only in-park lodging inside this hiker's paradise. For those that live and work in the park, there are endless opportunities to explore the amazing wonders that surround you. As an employee of Zion National Park Lodge you received extremely affordable employee housing, discounted meals (will clarify if free), employee discounts to explore other Xanterra properties, and a generous benefits program for full time employees. Responsibilities
- Clean and prepare guest rooms to the trained standards.
- Follow trained procedures of chemical use and room cleaning.
- Report necessary maintenance repairs to the Rooms Inspector.
- Report unsafe and hazardous conditions to the Rooms Inspector.
- To be courteous in all guest contact.
- Comply with the established housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Assist in other housekeeping duties as assigned by the Rooms Inspector.
Previous Housekeeping experience helpful.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to follow instructions accurately.
- Perform strenuous activities such as standing, walking, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching, carrying, reaching, pushing, pulling, twisting, and finger dexterity.
- Manipulating large and small objects, and lifting 50 lbs. or more with reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to maintain excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Adherence to Xanterra's appearance standards.
Posting ID: 555163615Posted: 2020-06-29