Providence is calling a Pharmacy Technician - Sterile Compounding (Pharmacy Department, Day Shift, 1 FTE) to Providence Infusion and Pharmacy Services in Tukwila, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.In this position you will:
Qualifications :Required qualifications for this position include:
- Communicate effectively and appropriately with pharmacists, nurses, pharmacy technicians, dietitians, billing, and external customers to facilitate accurate, safe care for the patient.
- Use automated compounding devices.
- Track expiration dates of medications and solutions.
- Sterile and accurate admixture of IV products under a laminar flow hood or vertical flow biological safety cabinet which includes reconstitution of drugs, calculation of drug volumes required to deliver correct dosages, measurements of dosages, transfer of drugs to appropriate volumes and types of solutions for administration, and labeling products according to policy
- Clean and maintain laminar flow hood and biological safety cabinet in accordance with applicable standards and laws including The Joint Commission and USP 797.
- Completes and maintains required documentation per Providence requirements and USP 797 guidelines
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of approved pharmacy technician training program
- Current certification and license by the Washington State Board of Pharmacy as a Pharmacy Technician
- Current National Pharmacy Technician certification, or within 6 months upon hire
- Frequent pushing/pulling of up to 35 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/carrying up to up 35 lbs.
- Constant forceful grasping of compounding equipment and tools
About the ministry you will serve.
- Hospital experience in sterile parenteral product preparation
- Customer service experience
Providence Infusion and Pharmacy Services in Tukwila and Spokane, Washington provides pharmaceutical services to patients in communities throughout Washington, Alaska, Idaho and Montana. Patient safety, patient satisfaction, and clinical outcomes are our priorities. Our services include nutrition and pharmacological therapies to patients in their homes or in our Ambulatory Suites, disease management and related specialized infusion therapies, and clinical nurse, pharmacist, and nutrition consulting and support services.
Posting ID: 555163738Posted: 2020-05-25