Providence is calling a Supervisor - HME Access Services (1.0 FTE, Days) to Providence Home Services Oregon in Portland, OR.
We are seeking a Supervisor - HME Access Services who will provide direct supervision of Access team operations in Providence Home Medical Equipment Access Services. The supervisor is responsible for all operational functions including referral and patient access, accurate and timely completion of medical equipment orders, and facilitation of insurance payment through insurance verification and authorization processes. Position oversees the placement of orders for medical equipment, oxygen, sleep therapy, enteral feeding and related services.
The supervisor provides or facilitates all components of caregiver leadership including schedule management, training, caregiver engagement, Service Excellence, and caregiver accountability. The supervisor optimizes caregiver resources and serves as a role model to others, reflecting Providence Health & Services Mission and Philosophy. In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications :Required qualifications for this position include:
- Actively support and incorporate the mission and core values into daily activities. Treats all others with respect and demonstrates excellence, justice and compassion in daily work and relationships with others.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, employees, and as appropriate, other information.
- Demonstrate service excellence and positive interpersonal relations in dealing with others, including patients/families/members, employees, managers, medical staff, volunteers and community members, so that productivity and positive relations are maximized.
- Consistently demonstrate and incorporate principles of safety and infection control into daily activities as outlined in Environment of Care, Infection Control, and Exposure Control manuals and department safety policies/procedures. Consistently uses personal protective equipment as required and takes appropriate precautions whenever there is potential for contact with blood, body fluids, chemicals and/or other hazardous materials. Maintains knowledge of work-appropriate aspects of environment of care programs, complies with policies and reports unsafe conditions. Successfully completes Environment of Care Healthstream modules in the required timeframes and participates in fire drills and emergency exercises.
- Develop individual objectives consistent with the Providence Health System's Oregon Management System. Measures and reports on individual objectives quarterly.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate Degree -or- 2 years related experience.
About Providence in Oregon
- Experience in insurance registration (qualification), phone center management, and customer service.
- 1 year supervisory experience.
- 2 years experience with computer transaction system including data entry/inquiry in a complex business environment.
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging
and welcoming each visitor, introducing
ourselves and Providence, addressing
people by name, providing
the duration of estimated wait times and updating
frequently if timelines change, explaining
situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening
to their concerns, and always thanking
people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.