Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
As the General Manager, you are responsible for maximizing the financial performance of the hotel by providing the highest possible quality guest service and product by encouraging a positive work environment for all employees. You are at the heart of Kimpton's values, teamwork, and performance!
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Develop, implement, monitor and participate in a comprehensive sales and marketing strategies that results in. Maximum occupancy and average rates for the hotel.
- Works directly with the ownership group to strategize and implement projects that will assist with the business growth.
- Coordinate and assist with guest satisfaction and guest resolutions.
- Maintain a cross-relationship with the restaurant and/or spa. Work as a team to promote the success of the entire Kimpton property.
- Protect and enhance the value of all hotel assets through appropriate programs in maintenance, security, and housekeeping and through the capital budgeting process.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of all period-end financial statements and reports, and provide controls to ensure the proper handling and accounting for all hotel receipts.
- Coordinate weekly forecasting and planning of operating staffing and cost expenditures to correspond to forecasted sales and costs.
- Review and approve all operating expenses.
- Perform other tasks associated as necessary in order to achieve the financial goals of the organization. EX: Networking, Local Industry Events, Community Relations
- Supervise and develop the performance of all operating departments including, but not limited to: Reservations, Front Office, Guest Services, Housekeeping, Security and Maintenance, Sales and Marketing, Accounting and People and Culture.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising, performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
What You Bring
- 2 to 4 years of upper-level management experience in hospitality.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Ability to encourage, lead and manage a team by example.
- High level of creativity, enthusiasm and flexibility!
- Strong computer skills including Word and Excel.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills both internally and externally.
- Ability to convert vision into specific and tangible actions to benefit the property.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here. Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.