Why We're Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people's lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You're here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It's what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We're Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you - with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality - is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That's what we seek out and celebrate. It's people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don't need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others' lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that's a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you'll feel it too.
What You'll Do
In this role, you'll use your knowledge of regional trends, actively respond to financial performance, provide strategic direction for the sales teams, and ensure achievement of Kimpton's short and long term goals. Direct and lead your team to achieve budgeted top-line revenues. Accountable for Sales and Marketing budget to assure appropriate spend. Act as the hotel ambassador by establishing relationships with the community to increase the hotel's exposure. Work tactically with the Director of Revenue Management (DORM), Digital Marketing, and Public Relations teams to ensure a strategically symbolic relationship between all disciplines.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and training to the sales team, continually assessing their strengths and challenges.
- Develop marketing and PR initiatives to support sales strategies and activities.
- Establishes a sense of urgency with the team to understand and anticipate needs.
- Responsible for working directly with the Regional Director of Sales + Marketing (RDSM) and General Manager in building a clear and credible vision for the hotel.
- Handles specific accounts assigned by the RDSM.
- Handles assigned market segment based upon experience and depth of contact base to benefit the hotel.
- Knowledgeable of competitive set and recommends sales/pricing strategies, service, and product improvements to stay competitive.
- Responsible for achieving the group rooms and catering revenue budget for hotel.
- Align with the People & Culture Department (HR), structures, and systems to achieve strategic goals and maximize all revenues.
- Consistently reviews shifts in market mix with revenue and operations teams and makes deployment/pricing recommendations.
- Work with IHG Corporate Sellers to communicate specific account needs to impact revenues.
- Responsible for appropriate identification of key markets and supporting deployment and travel schedule strategies.
- Responsible for directing all Public Relations efforts including management of the Public Relations firm and collaboration with the Kimpton Home Office PR team.
- Develop appropriate revenue/production goals with the RDSM's support and approval.
- Works with DORM and Director of Catering on monthly, quarterly, and annual rooms, budgets, and forecasting.
- Responsible for management of departmental budgets including forecasting monthly expenses and explanation of variances on P&L.
- Pulls and analyzes relevant data to develop and recommend appropriate actions.
- Assist with individual quarterly action plans and quarterly Kimpton Check-Ins for your team.
- Ensure that accurate and detailed notes/traces of accounts are maintained via Opera and Delphi databases.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Administration or Business preferred.
- 5 years of sales experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, computer literacy, and working knowledge of Delphi sales software, Microsoft Office Suite, Tableau etc.
- Ability to encourage, lead and develop a team by example.
- Well organized, detail oriented with excellent follow-up and communication skills.
- Ability to convert vision into specific and tangible actions.
- Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and people, while exhibiting a consistent level of integrity.
- Ability to adapt rapidly to evolving market dynamics and needs.
Differences make a difference. We are committed to creating a culture that reflects the diversity of our hotel and restaurant guests. With that goal in mind, we encourage each of our employees to understand, accept, and celebrate differences among people. That includes different personalities, lifestyles, work styles, education, and experience. We also welcome and embrace people of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, physical abilities, sexual orientation, gender identities and genders. For our complete EEO policy click here. Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.