We Are Hiring
Respiratory Therapist - Respiratory CareDept.- Presence St Joseph Elgin - Elgin, IL
Part-Time, nights, 12 hour shift.Why Join AMITA?
AMITA Health (www.AMITAhealth.org) is a joint operating company formed by the Adventist Health System in Altamonte Springs, FL and St. Louis, MO based Ascension.
AMITA Health is the largest health system in Illinois, comprising 19 hospitals and more than 230 sites of care. The health system has 900 providers in its medical groups, more than 26,000 associates and 7,000 physician partners and serves over 4.3 million residents in the greater Chicagoland area.What You Will Do
As an Associate with AMITA Health, you will have the opportunity to
Provides evaluation of and care for patients with respiratory insufficiencies.Responsibilities:
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Assesses patient for appropriate type and frequency of treatment and develops a plan of care based on diagnosis.
- Implements and monitors patient care plan and equipment.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition.
- Performs advanced respiratory care modalities.
- Evaluates respiratory practice, administration of medications, and treatment based on patient outcome.
- Educates the patient and family about the health condition and provides information about community support groups and other available programs.
- Responds to emergency resuscitation team code.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Providercredentialed from theAmerican Heart Association (AHA)obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Respiratory Care Practitionercredentialed from theIllinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulationobtained within4 Months (120 days)of hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Supportcredentialed from theAmerican Heart Association (AHA).
- Certificationspecializing inNeonatal Resuscitationcredentialed from theAmerican Heart Association (AHA).
- Pediatric Advanced Life Supportcredentialed from theAmerican Heart Association (AHA).
- Respiratory Therapistspecializing inCritical Carecredentialed from theNational Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Respiratory Therapistspecializing inNeonatal Resuscitationcredentialed from theNational Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
- Respiratory Therapistspecializing inRegisteredcredentialed from theNational Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).ACCS (Adult Critical Care Specialist) from NBRC preferred.
Work Experience:Equal Employment Opportunity
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
AMITA Health will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Posting ID: 555164628Posted: 2020-06-15