Position: Freight Flow Supervisor
Reports To: Team Leaders
Department: Store Operations
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
The Freight Flow Supervisor oversees the efficient operation and maintenance of the receiving area as outlined in the company receiving area plan (RAP). Responsibilities include the accurate, efficient, and timely execution of freight flow to the sales floor in accordance with established processing and visual merchandising standards. Maintain back stock in the receiving area and manage the disposition of damaged goods to minimize profit loss.
- Plan, unload, check in, and support the merchandising of distribution shipments of merchandise.
- Receive, verify, and merchandise all direct vendor shipments including rolls of carpet, to the sales floor.
- Manage effective freight flow in the receiving area while keeping the area neat and orderly to include dock, exterior of buildings and the maintenance of material handling equipment.
- Maintain the safety of the receiving area to include eliminating hazards and maintenance of all equipment.
- Adhere to company standards when verifying pricing accuracy of incoming shipments; report errors or shipping discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Prepare STS transfers, GVC returns and any other outbound transfers of merchandise or fixtures.
- Confirm the accuracy of all incoming merchandise.
- Set up and design merchandise displays.
- Ensure that all customer service standards are held to company expectations.
- Direct the work of other Associates who are assisting with freight flow processes.
- Act as Manager on Duty as scheduled or assigned to include open and close of the store.
- Complete any additional responsibilities and/or duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of six months' retail experience in a mid-size to large retail service-oriented business.
- Ability to work evenings, 3rd shift, weekends, and holidays on a regular basis.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks and activities and work within strict timeframes and deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal and listening skills.
- Ability to effective communicate information and delegate tasks.
- Must have a positive attitude and the ability to interact well with customers and associates.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to bend and twist frequently.
- Ability to grip, reach, and pinch with arms and hands frequently.
- Ability to squat, kneel, balance, and climb occasionally.
- Ability to see, hear, and speak regularly.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
Ollie's is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, national origin, age, veteran's status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 555164883Posted: 2020-05-25