The primary responsibility of the Indirect Procurement Associate (IP Associate) will be to participate in all major components of the sourcing process to include but not limited to: supplier research/discovery, development and tracking of RFI/RFP's within an e-sourcing system, RFP analysis, and support of vendor selection and vendor negotiations. The procurement associate will serve as a back up to the contracts manager for the contracts management process and may be called on to support supplier performance as it relates to category management or contract management. What you'll do
What you need to succeed
- Manage the needs of Ace Team Members (internal clients) projects by providing sourcing, contract management and supplier performance category support from direction of category managers or contracts manager.
- Obtain knowledge of the competition, industry trends, and technical aspects of specific categories and be able to present summary to stakeholders
- Conduct vendor research and supplier discovery support for new and existing categories in order to make recommendations regarding market and category trends.
- Develop RFI/RFP's in the system in order to initiate sourcing events
- Provide analysis and presentation of vendor data and submitted RFI/RFP information and make recommendations to the Category Managers based on analysis.
- Manage spot-quotes and market rate benchmarks as needed to support the Sourcing and Supplier Performance projects of the IP team
- Provide backup support for the Contracts Management process for internal clients
We want to hear from you!
- An undergraduate degree in relevant areas such as Procurement, Supply Chain, Business management, Operations, or Finance.
- 2-3 years of previous procurement, buying, pricing or inventory, experience.
- 2-3 years' experience maintaining vendor relationships preferred.
- Experience with an e-sourcing/contracts management tool or similar system helpful.
- Ability to work with and build relationships with Ace team membersin order to develop and manage category requirements and specifications from departments.
- Analytical skills in order to review categories of organizational spend and make recommendations to Category Managers regarding category strategy.
- Demonstrated experience creating story telling decks and presenting to Team.
- Proven ability to multi-task projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Access.
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets. Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.
Posting ID: 555165273Posted: 2020-05-25