USA NC Fort BraggFull Part/Time:
Full timeJob Req:
RQ53174Type of Requisition:
RegularClearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret/SCIClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability RequiredPublic Trust/Other Required:
Functional ExpertsJob Description:
GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide.
The System Center Service SME (SCSM)/IT Service (ITSM) Subject Matter Expert will be responsible for the delivery of process-driven solutions across the ITSM SCSM environment. Applicants should be able to optimize the SCSM suite, develop and enrich end user experiences, as well as enhance tiered administration responsibilities for technical workers, using agile ITSM strategies. Within this effort, this candidate will define, integrate, update, and manage SCSM or other ITSM systems with the objective of eliminating waste, adding value and intuitiveness, and improving an enterprise level ITSM infrastructure.Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Drive identification and enterprise adoption of SCSM and other ITSM tools.
- Recommend and implement projects to improve performance of the SCSM tool, integrate with other monitoring and management applications, migrate tool servers to new Data Center, improve processes and procedures, and perform routine application or hardware upgrades.
- Leverage application developer skills to support application upgrades, configuration, enhancements, customization's, integrations and automation (e.g. tools, programs or scripts) and standards as part of the engineering initiatives for the SCSM application.
- Create specialized reports as needed.
- Participate in Change and Configuration Management processes for maintaining control of the approved SCSM application baseline
- Provide advanced troubleshooting and resolution skills to remediate application incidents & problems and coordinate with other resolution teams as required.
- Create and maintain application documentation such as installation plans, Interface control documents, operations and maintenance manuals, privileged user guides, test plans and reports, and requirements specifications.
- Share knowledge with other team members, train IT staff and end users in the use of the application including new functionality via customization's and enhancements as needed.
- Provide administration and maintenance of IT Service Management Tools and related components as listed below, to manage and maintain availability, health and performance at acceptable Service Levels.
- Perform routine maintenance including: patching of operating system and applications, coordinating with other teams both within and external to the IT Service Management team as required.
Requires experience with application administration and development, and a familiarity with SCSM/IT Service Management (ITSM) solutions and administering SCSM ticketing tools/Service Desk applications. Other tools (such as ServiceNow, Remedy, Cherwell, etc.) are helpful. Also requires experience with the following modules, components and integrations:
- Incident Management module
- Problem Management module
- Change Management module
- Release Management module
- Service Catalog
- Service Portal
- Universal Configuration Management Database (uCMDB) and/or Asset Manager (AM) integration
- Knowledge in the fundamentals of ITSM framework and certification in IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) v3 Foundations is preferred.
- System Administration experience
- Microsoft Server 2012, 2016 and/or RHEL Linux OS experience is a plus
- Experience with virtual environments is preferred
- Experienced with SCSM and recent experience with SCSM 2016 or SCSM 2012 R2 in an enterprise environment;
- Manage the SCSM back end to keep the system running, including upgrades and changes to core components, site boundaries and bandwidth settings;
- Perform administrative task from the Service Manager, Configuration Manager, Orchestrator Manager, and Operations Manager consoles
- Datacenter management, Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) and Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) processes
- SCSM implementations of ITIL processes such as Incident, Problem, Change, Release, and Service Requests
- SCSM architecture including the Service Manager management group and the Service Manager data warehouse management group
- IAT II 8570 Baseline Certification -Sec+CE or equivalent
- ITIL Foundations v3
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
- Travel may be required in support of customer's mission requirements.
High School diploma/GED with 12-years of related experience, or Associate's degree with 10-years of experience, Bachelor's degree with 8-years of experience, Master's degree with 6-years of experience
#I2TS3Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Less than 10%T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not AllowedWork Location:
USA NC Fort BraggAdditional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.