USA VA ArlingtonFull Part/Time:
Full timeJob Req:
RQ53317Type of Requisition:
RegularClearance Level Must Currently Possess:
SecretClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability RequiredPublic Trust/Other Required:
NACLC (T3)Job Family:
Network EngineeringJob Description:GDIT is seeking a Network Engineer to work Night Shifts at the Pentagon in Arlington, VA to help support our JSP SDN contract.Essential Job Functions:
PLEASE NOTE:(1) This position is for a NIGHT Shift Schedule (3rd shift).(2) Work hours are standard 1st Shift Schedule for initial 2 weeks of project.(3) Work hours will then move to 3rd Shift Schedule (Night Shift). Works hours are 8:00 pm EST - 6:00 am EST, Monday - Thursday (TBD).Required Qualifications:
- Responsible for resolving escalated problems with the installation and documentation of new and/or updated Network infrastructure to include routers, switches, copper, fiber and all associated elements in the Pentagon & buildings within the NCR supported by JSP.
- Must follow JSP and commercial best practice procedures, standards required for installation of cable racks, wiring of the racks and testing required during installation.
- Analyze, administer, troubleshoot, and maintain network infrastructure.
- Verify service by testing installed equipment; identifying, correcting, or escalating problems
- Install, maintain and repair data communications systems
- Ability to rack and stack network devices following diagrams, to cut over service between devices
- Dress, terminate and test cables and components including CAT6 and fiber optic cabling.
- Identify, track and remove abandoned cable, and keep cable neatly tied and bundled while maintaining safety standards
- Test, locate, install, and repair network infrastructure associated with trouble calls, and performs routine maintenance
- Knowledge of network cabling test equipment including network testers, copper cable testers, fiber OTDRs and fiber power meters.
- Document network by labeling and routing equipment and cables; recording configuration diagrams and specifications
- Ability to work well with others and communicate with supervisors.
- Verify work order information and receipt of all necessary equipment and information
- Maintain network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned
- Participate in special projects as required
- Ability to work with power tools and ladders and lift 25 pounds
- Patch network equipment
- Test copper & fiber cabling
- Install backbone cabling, label cables, read and create cut sheets
- Active Secret clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science; Engineering; or a related technical discipline; or the equivalent combination of education; technical certifications or training; or work experience.
- Baseline 8570 Computing Environment IAT Level II Certification (i.e. Security+ CE, CCNA Security, etc)
- 5+ years of related telecommunications experience
- Experience with BGP/VXLAN/EVPN/802.1x/Arista/Aruba/SDN
- Word/Excel/Visio experience
- Problem analysis and problem solving.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to lift 30 pounds and stand on a ladder
- Willing to work 3rd Shift Schedule indicated above
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- CCNP certification (JNCIP, CCNA)
- Campus/Enterprise Network Ops experience is preferred
Less than 10%T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not AllowedWork Location:
USA VA ArlingtonAdditional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Posting ID: 555165392Posted: 2020-05-25