USA MD BethesdaFull Part/Time:
Full timeJob Req:
RQ52877Type of Requisition:
RegularClearance Level Must Currently Possess:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability RequiredPublic Trust/Other Required:
NACI (T1)Job Family:
Cyber SecurityJob Description:
We are seeking aCyber Security Analyst
to join our team to support the Office of the Director (OD) within the National Institutes of Health (NIH) at Bethesda, MD. As a Cyber Security Analyst, you will be part of our Security team focusing on operational aspects of our security work.Asa key participant within the security team you will share in responsibilities for maintaining security systems and conducting security operations for accredited infrastructures and applications.
The security team culture promotes interaction among team members for determining best direction for both our team and client. Our team culture also promotes individual mentorship and technical career path growth in latest information system technologies. Our team constantly seeks out to provide smart and effective solutions backed by efficient team-built system architectures plus team documented and tested process and procedures.On this program we provide support for 2,700 end-customers residing in approximately 20 buildings. Support includes 24x7 on-call duty support for monitoring of critical systems and for VIP support. Our team focuses on maintaining excellent customer experience as it relates to service requests and maintain and improve interoperability between IT infrastructure systems.What GDIT Can Offer You:
This role is supporting a critical mission for the public health, working at the prestigious National Institutes of Health main campus in Bethesda MD. The NIH Director provides overall leadership to NIH activities in both scientific and administrative matters. Your technological expertise and security operations experience will play a vital role in the OD helping the NIH meet its mission objectives. After serving OD, there are many opportunities to move into other more experienced roles across the GDIT huge portfolio of projects, providing you career growth while part of a dynamic and vital company.In this role, a typical day will include:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Acting as a system administrator for both Windows and Linux-based systems including patch deployment, operating system configuration and hardening and management of hosted applications used for security monitoring and analysis.
- Analyzing web-based application security vulnerabilities using both enterprise-grade and manual testing tools.
- Collaboratively managing and maintaining application-based firewalls through daily monitoring and necessary configuring of rule-sets, actions, alerts and reporting.
- Interfacing directly with vendors to manage deployments and perform troubleshooting of security monitoring tools throughout the environment.
- Investigating security incidents in both an independent and collaborative manner, analyzing network packets, captured audit logs, intrusion detection alarms and vulnerability scanning tools.
- Documenting the technical details of legitimate incidents in applicable tracking and ticketing systems and directing applicable personnel to perform the actions necessary for remediation.
- Routine communication with stakeholders across the enterprise to explain and direct vulnerability remediation efforts.
- Consulting with clients and team members to provide hardware and software recommendations.
- Developing processing standards, procedures, and automation for use by IT staff in a constantly growing and evolving environment.
- Responding to alerts by enterprise monitoring across all systems managed by the team and provide daily operational status
- Assisting in updating disaster recovery plans and testing continuity of operations
- Delivering weekly reports to supervisor
Desired Qualifications and Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or other related Engineering field or equivalent and two years' experience
- Good understanding of application security, particularly as it relates to web-based applications.
- Experience analyzing vulnerabilities, particularly those defined in OWASP's Top 10.
- Experience performing incident response functions.
- Knowledge and working understanding of firewalls and related technologies.
- An understanding of intrusion detection systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of security engineering principles.
- Knowledge of Windows and/or Linux Administration is required; hands on experience is a plus
Attributes for Success:
- Three plus years of information technology experience
- Ability to write clear, concise documentation
- Experience with at least some of the following tools: Tenable SecurityCenter, IBM AppScan, Carbon Black, Splunk, the Burp Suite, Palo Alto and/or Imperva application firewalls.
- Experience deploying and maintaining firewalls in general and/or application firewalls in particular.
- Experience with intrusion detection systems.
- Ability to perform application-based security testing using manual testing tools (e.g., the Burp Suite).
- Prior ticketing experience ServiceNow(preferable) or Remedy
- Experience integrating security engineering principles into the enterprise.
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- Experience working at NIH
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience drafting SOPs and technical work instructions.
- The successful candidate will be able to communicate technical subjects effectively in both verbal and written mediums to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude.
- Desire to work in a team environment and strong work ethic.
#GDITpriorityScheduled Weekly Hours:
NoneT elecommuting Options:
Some Telecommuting AllowedWork Location:
USA MD BethesdaAdditional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Posting ID: 555165427Posted: 2020-05-25