USA VA McLeanFull Part/Time:
Full timeJob Req:
RQ52895Type of Requisition:
RegularClearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Top Secret SCI + PolygraphClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Top Secret SCI + PolygraphSuitability:
PolygraphPublic Trust/Other Required:Job Family:
Software DevelopmentJob Description:
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge that we can't turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Software Engineer joining our team to support Government activities in McLean, VA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Software Engineer supporting the customer, you will be trusted to execute multi-faced programs that support dynamic mission sets. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Analysis, design, development, and testing of new front-end features and web services using agile and test driven development methodologies
- Provide architectural guidance for the project
- Work in partnership with an integrated team of staff and contractors
- Develop sound application software
- Translate customer and system requirements into design
- Design new system interfaces.
- Participate in all phases of the project lifecycle and for integration engineering and testing with other corporate systems and components.
- Develop custom code and may be required to integrate commercial off the shelf tools and technologies
- Participate in peer reviews, and perform formal unit testing, and some level of integration testing.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Minimum of 15 years related experience.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing software using Python.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing Single Page application using HTML5, CSS3, SCSS, TypeScript and Angular 2+
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience writing RESTful web services using Java 8+, Spring framework 4+, and Spring Security 4+
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with relational databases, such as DynamoDB.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with and troubleshooting of Internet/Web related protocols and technologies (e.g. Tomcat, Nodejs, Web Services, SSL)
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing JUnit and Jasmine tests and experience with testing platforms such as Jest or Karma
- Demonstrated working knowledge of DevOps tools such as Git, Jenkins and Nexus)
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Angular state management technologies such as NGXS or NGRX
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing user interfaces using Angular Material
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working in Agile software development and test driven development methodologies
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience doing rapid prototyping and application development with user interaction
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with Angular, Bootstrap, and JQuery
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with scripting languages (e.g. Shell, Perl, Python) experience and/or ability to automate routine operations through scripts and tool sets.
WHAT GDIT CAN OFFER YOU
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- Alignment to a mission-critical role that directly impacts the customer's ability to effectively execute its mission.
- Direct engagement with contractor leadership that centers upon career development/mobility, enhanced performance evaluation, and corporate information sharing & networking opportunities.
- Placement on a dynamic team of talented professionals that organically fosters an environment of innovation, collaboration, and trust.
NoneT elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not AllowedWork Location:
USA VA McLeanAdditional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.