USA IA West Des Moines Any Location / RemoteFull Part/Time:
Full timeJob Req:
RQ53284Type of Requisition:
RegularClearance Level Must Currently Possess:
NoneClearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
No Suitability RequiredPublic Trust/Other Required:Job Family:
Systems AdministrationJob Description:
GDIT is seeking a SAS Platform Administrator. This individual contributor is primarily responsible for support, upgrades, and general improvements to the SAS GRID environment. This role requires advanced level of Linux/Unix administration knowledge and will be a member of a team supporting an on premise instance and cloud instance of SAS GRID. This position is located in the in West Des Moines, IA office; qualified remote candidates will be consideredJob Description
- The SAS Platform Administrator will be responsible for providing overall SAS platform administrative support. Primary duties include maintenance, enhancements installation and support of the user community. This person will also be responsible for assisting with new implementations, upgrades, and platform support of SAS GRID environments. Also includes supporting SAS platform security management, SAS application and underlying infrastructure support, and ensuring processes are aligned and complaint with internal policies as well as security requirements.
- The SAS Platform Administrator servers as a liaison between the SAS user community, internal SAS experts, and the IT infrastructure support teams. This person will ensure that the SAS platform is compliant with all IT policies for performance, backups, disaster recovery, and system documentation in order to meet business requirements.
- Support SAS platform setup and support in the cloud. This includes designing, documenting, and executing Base SAS, GRID, and web component installation in AWS.
- Routine administration, monitoring, maintenance, and tuning of the SAS Platform
- Implement and support solutions to reduce the operational and management complexity of the platform and to increase reliability and performance
- Support new installations and upgrades as needed and routinely apply hot fixes
- Manage automated job scheduling
- Assist with platform capacity planning
- Collaborate with the IT infrastructure support teams to support ongoing operations
- BA/BS, 8+ years experience or equivalent in experience, certifications, technical aptitude
- 1+ years of hands-on experience as a SAS Administrator for a SAS GRID Platform in a Linux/Unix environment
- Understanding of SAS products and how they function together in a distributed environment.
- Some cloud engineering/administration experience. AWS preferred.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
- BS in Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Math or related fields
- Experience supporting an Enterprise Data Analytics environment
- Understanding of data quality, data management, data warehousing, and ETL
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with a formal software development life-cycle methodologies
- Excellent communication skills and effective technical writing ability
Less than 10%T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting 100%Work Location:
USA IA West Des MoinesAdditional Work Locations:
Any Location / Remote
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Posting ID: 555165537Posted: 2020-06-08