Description Position at UMass Memorial Medical Center
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.Requisition #:
Sr Medical AdministrativeDepartment:
March 5. 2020Shift:
40 hoursShift Length:
UMass Memorial Medical Center - 3 Biotech Park, Worcester, MAMonday - Friday 10:30 am to 7:00 pm
1-2 minor Holidays per yearPosition Summary:
Performs secretarial and administrative support services for assigned physicians/faculty/ medical service line chiefs where the work requires a thorough knowledge of medical office procedures and UMMHC business and academic administrative practices. Duties involve interfaces with faculty; medical staff, patients, and various UMMHC administrative management and staff, which require considerable tact and diplomacy. May coordinate associated medical office activities and assigned staff.Major Responsibilities:
- May perform duties to coordinate medical office activities and staff as assigned, to include training, and scheduling the work of assigned employees, recommending processing improvements and implementing new procedures, and monitoring employee performance.
- Transcribes medical reports for physicians from dictation. Produces correspondence, reports, memos, etc. from dictation drafts, models, etc. Proof reads/edits manuscripts, grant applications, academic and professional papers, and other material for appropriate grammar, spelling, format and style.
- May attend meetings in capacity of recording secretary. Distributes meeting agenda and minutes.
- May serve as coordinator of divisional residency, fellowship, clerkship, and/or graduate or undergraduate education programs.
- Schedules and coordinates patient visits, medical procedures for both inpatients and outpatients with admitting, the OR, testing centers, pre-admission, etc.
Exceptional customer service skills
Requires a High School diploma.
6-12 months additional specialized medical secretarial/medical office training and 2-3 years of medical secretarial/administrative support experience. Software used: Word processing, spreadsheet, presentation graphics, database, Medi-Tech, IDX, Lynx, etc.Standards of Respect:
We're striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial - for our patients and for each other. We're expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player,
and Be Kind
, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.