Description Position at UMass Memorial HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.Title:
Home Health and Hospice Requisition #:
32Shift:M-F 6.5 hour days; 4 8 hour days negotiable; rotating weekends every 4th weekend, 1-2 nights on call / month, 2 holidays/yearPosting Date:
HealthAlliance, Fidelity Building, Leominster UMass Memorial HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital is part of the UMass Memorial Health Care system.
Serving northern central Massachusetts, we are committed to improving the health of people through excellence in care and comprehensive health services. Promoting healthy lifestyle habits, we serve as a role model by having a tobacco and smoke free campus and hiring nicotine free employees. By exploring careers with us, you are committed to giving your best to our patients, our community and everyone working on our HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital Care Team. Whatever your career choice, know that at HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital you can make a difference.GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Home Health & Hospice RN (HHHRN) provides care to patients who are in need of care in their homes. Home health & hospice nursing practice considers the needs of the patient, their family and/or the patient's caregivers. The HHHRN provides care to patients across the lifespan, from prenatal to post-death periods. Home health nursing takes a holistic approach to personal health practices when treating diseases or disabilities. The practice embraces primary, secondary and tertiary prevention; assisting patients and families to coordinate community resources and health insurance benefits as well as hands on delivery of nursing services in patients home. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
:Job duties specific to this position:
Job duties for all positions:
- Assures case coordination and provides direct nursing care to patients and families on a 7 day per week (Sunday to Saturday) basis including day, evening, night, weekend, and holiday duty.
- Meets patient care productivity standards established by the agency.
- Collects comprehensive data pertinent to the patient's health or the situation.
- Analyzes assessment data to determine the diagnoses or issues.
- Identifies expected outcomes in a plan individualized to the patient, family and/or caregivers and the situation.
- Develops a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements the individualized patient plan of care.
- Coordinates care delivery.
- Employs strategies to promote health, comfort, and a safe environment.
- Evaluates progress towards attainment of outcomes.
- Systematically enhances the quality and effectiveness of his/her nursing practice.
- Attains knowledge and competency that reflects current nursing practice.
- Evaluates one's own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules, and regulations.
- Interacts with peers and colleagues, and contributes to their professional development.
- Collaborates with the patient, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Integrates ethical principles into all areas of practice.
- Integrates best practices and/or research findings into practice.
- Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services.
- Provides leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
JOB REQUIREMENTSJOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that all work outcomes satisfy the Hospital Three Pillars: Finance, Quality, and Service Excellence.
- The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of the Hospital and serve as a role model for the CARES- It Happens Here customer service initiative.
- Demonstrates excellent attendance and actively participates in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
- Demonstrates a friendly, responsive, service-minded attitude to all internal and external customers.
- Communicates ideas effectively. Shares information and keeps others properly informed. Gives, and is open to useful feedback.
- Adheres to the Hospital Code of Conduct and Behavior Standards and dress code.
- Complies with established environment of care/safety policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
- Maintains, and fosters, an organized, clean, safe work environment.
- Actively contributes to the development and application of process improvements.
- Maintains a collaborative, team relationship with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the group's achievement of goals and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Demonstrates respect for the diversity of patient and employee populations. Supports and encourage diverse points of view, work and lifestyles.
- Practices cost containment and fiscal responsibility through the efficient use of supplies, equipment, time, etc.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform all duties according to American Nurses Association Scope & Standards of Practice for Home Health Nursing professional standards and HAHHH policies and procedures.
- Ability to use a laptop computer.
- Ability to proficiently utilize or learn to proficiently utilize MS Office applications, e-mail, Point-of-Care software applications, and other wireless applications.
- Ability to perform comprehensive physical and psychosocial assessments.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with a diverse patient population.
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English.
- Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing Required
- Bachelor's, Master's, or Doctorate in Nursing preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience, which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above, may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC.:
- 2-5 years of recent (within the past 18 months) medical-surgical experience either in an acute or sub acute setting or same experience working in a certified home health agency or licensed hospice is required.
- Previous case management or program management experience preferred.
Standards of Respect:
- Valid and unrestricted licensure as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts required.
- Specialty nursing certification as a home health nurse, hospice and palliative care nurse or case manager preferred.
- Completion of the Certified Oasis Specialist certificate preferred.
- Valid and unrestricted driver's license recognized by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and access to a reliable, insured vehicle required.
We're striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial - for our patients and for each other. We're expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player,
and Be Kind
, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Posting ID: 555165667Posted: 2020-05-25