Description Position at UMass Memorial Medical Center
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.Requisition #:
Technologist, Radiography II - AngiographyDepartment:
March 18, 2020Shift:
40 hoursShift Length:
UMass Memorial Medical Center - University CampusSchedule is 4 - 10 hour shifts. Rotating through a 10 hour Saturday shift, 1st and 2nd call, as well as holiday and weekend call rotations.Position Summary:
Performs angiography procedures using image-recording devices in order to assist physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of patients' illnesses and injuries. Performs related tasks such as assisting patients in positioning for correct anatomical exposure, maintaining order and cleanliness of work area and performing routine clerical tasks.Major Responsibilities:
- Prepares patient for exams as required and insures patient comfort and modesty at all times. Obtains and examines the requisition for an angiographic examination. Always uses two forms of patient identification before any procedure is performed, as well as perform final verification process to ensure correct patient, correct procedure, correct site, ensure consent form is obtained as per policy prior to commencement of any procedure.
- Participates in patient transfers if needed, positions and instructs patients regarding the procedure in order to obtain the desired radiographic diagnostic results as specified by the physician. Ensures that exams requested match patient condition and/or history and verifies that the requested procedure is correct as needed. Utilizes immobilization and other devices for holding or positioning the patient as necessary. Understands the nature of the procedure to ensure proper imaging and that the proper equipment and supplies are available according to the Universal Protocol guidelines.
- Selects correct imaging protocols. Performs imaging in accordance with department procedures. Sets up equipment as necessary and uses the proper imaging protocol and exposure factors to optimize the image exposure and reduce radiation dose. Adjusts techniques and factors to improve diagnostic image quality.
- Assists physicians in the performance of specialized examinations by preparing equipment, syringes and contrast media, holding and turning patients, passing instruments and supplies. Following sterile technique procedures, scrubs in or acts as circulator as needed.
- Operates x-ray equipment according to specific diagnostic procedure and in conformance to established routines and techniques. Works through radiologist requirements to provide appropriate views and provides additional views and variations of techniques as required by Radiologist. Thoroughly and clearly explains proper breathing instructions to the patient. Continually directs the patient during procedure
IR Experience preferred
ARRT certification in Radiology is required. RTR licensure in Commonwealth Massachusetts is required. Additional formal training in vascular angiography is required. BLS certification is required.
Maintaining all area specific CEUs for ARRT, DPH according to regulation is required. Department-specific competencies, including age-specific competencies and their measurements, will be developed and maintained in the individual departments. The competencies will be maintained and attached to the departmental job description. Responsible managers will review competencies with position incumbents.Standards of Respect:
We're striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial - for our patients and for each other. We're expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player,
and Be Kind
, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Posting ID: 555165687Posted: 2020-05-25