Description Position at UMass Memorial Health Care
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.Requisition #
Data Warehouse Development SpecialistDepartment:
UMass Memorial Health Care - 100 Front Street, Worcester, MA.Skills Required: ETL, POWER BI, SSIS, SSRS, SQL, TABLEAU
Implements data models to support reporting content, analytics tools and data extracts. Works with customers and Information Services (IS) peers to identify appropriate solutions that meet various end-user data and reporting needs using Epic and non-Epic data sources.Major Responsibilities:
- Works with Analytics Management, Business Intelligence Developers and Report Developers to identify and develop appropriate solutions for various reporting needs.
- Works with reporting subject matter experts to identify and review appropriate technological solutions for various reporting needs.
- Leads translation of end-user workflow-based report requests to specific data points required for development.
- Leads requirements gathering activities for new data models.
- Develops custom import packages to move non-Epic data into the Data Warehouse database.
- Analyzes non-Data Warehouse datasets to identify required data elements to be moved into Data Warehouse.
Position Qualifications Required:License/Certification/Education:
- Tests data model build in a specified testing environment and performs volume testing in live environments.
- Ensures that consumers are satisfied with data model build.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Current Epic certification(s) or ability to achieve.
Standards of Respect:
- Eight (8) to ten (10) years' experience.
- Must be able to work off hours and participate in on-call rotation.
- Demonstrates expertise in writing SQL.
- Demonstrates expertise with SQL Server Integration Services.
We're striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial - for our patients and for each other. We're expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player,
and Be Kind
, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Posting ID: 555165706Posted: 2020-06-22