Description Position at JBS USA Food CompanyPosition: Harvest Maintenance SupervisorPosition Summary:
Supervisor will provide leadership to Maintenance Department and report directly to the Harvest Maintenance Superintendent.
The position will be responsible for maintaining health of assets by using an effective maintenance program.
Cross functional teamwork is critical to success in the role in working with personnel from operations,maintenance, food safety and safety on plant initiatives and continuous improvement. Area of Responsibility:
- Supervises plant maintenance personnel and is responsible for planning, leading, organizing, controlling, coordinating, scheduling and assigning all work requirements associated with breakdown, preventative maintenance, predictive technologies, project and day to day work orders while ensuring compliance with all internal and external regulations in maintenance.
- Provide immediate response to operational maintenance concerns and communicate directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in all areas to minimize interruptions in production.
- Maintain accurate records of management, operation and maintenance through compliance with company policies, procedure and property loss programs.
- Supervise repairs/project carried out by Maintenance personnel and Contractors and ensures the quality of their work and their adherence to deadlines through rigorous follow-ups.
- Plans and controls expenditures in accordance with the operating budget of the department.
- Maintains safety, health and environmental policies and procedures while ensuring that compliance with all regulations pertaining to the maintenance department are met at all times.
- Educational background in mechanical or engineering technology (diploma or degree) coupled with Electrician license (or equivalent) is considered and asset.
- Three years supervision experience in the maintenance and/or operation of process manufacturing facility in a fast paced unionized environment is preferred.
- Consideration will be given to candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In depth knowledge of a continuous process manufacturing facility and strong experience with equipment overhaul, machining, pneumatics, hydraulics, piping repairs with maintenance of processing equipment is considered an asset.
- Experience driving Preventative Maintenance Systems.
- Willingness and flexible to work in shift as scheduled (afternoon shift/weekends)
- Excellent planning, analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Windows and MS office suite
Posting ID: 555165715Posted: 2020-07-14