Description Position at UMass Memorial HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital
At UMass Memorial Health Care, Everyone is a Caregiver regardless of title. Exceptional patient care, academic excellence and leading-edge research make UMass Memorial the premier health care system of Central and Western Massachusetts, and a place where we can help you build the career you deserve. We are more than 14,000 employees, working together as one health care system. And everyone, in their own unique way, plays an important part, everyday.Title:
Critical Care Technician - EDDepartment:
Every other weekend and holidayGrade:
HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital,Clinton Campus
HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospitalis part of the UMass Memorial Health Care system.
Serving northern central Massachusetts, wearecommitted to improving the health of people through excellence in care and comprehensive health services. Promoting healthy lifestyle habits, we serve as a role model by having a tobacco and smoke free campus and hiring nicotine free employees. By exploring careers with us, you are committed to giving your best to our patients, our community and everyone working on our HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital Care Team. Whatever your career choice, know that at HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital you can make a difference. GENERAL SUMMARY:
The Critical Care Technician - Emergency Department performs various patient care activities related to caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients under the direction of the RN. Performs clerical and clinical functions under the direction of an RN.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Job duties specific to this position:
- Provides direct patient care in a safe, sensitive timely, manner according to departmental policies and procedures.
- Supports the patient care process in the unit by performing a variety of duties in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Examples are obtaining EKGs, collecting laboratory specimens, performing phlebotomy tests and collecting vital signs.
- Interacts and copes effectively with diverse populations in stressful situations resulting from trauma and illness.
- Cleans, stocks and re-stocks rooms with supplies between patients or as needed.
- Applies and adheres to the principles of infection control and sterile technique in all aspects of the technician role.
- Performs duties and procedures specific to the role proficiently in accordance with departmental competencies and procedures.
- Initiates, completes and maintains documentation such as medical records, physician orders, transcription and departmental logs with accuracy and in a timely manner.
- Provides quality service consistently with departmental and Health Alliance philosophy.
- Performs clerical and secretarial duties as required.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement and training activities.
Job duties for all positions:
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that all work outcomes satisfy the HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital Four Pillars: Finance, Quality, Service Excellence and People.
- The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital and serve as a role model for the CARES- It Happens Here customer service initiative.
- Demonstrates excellent attendance and actively participates in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
- Demonstrates a friendly, responsive, service-minded attitude to all internal and external customers.
- Communicates ideas effectively. Shares information and keeps others properly informed. Gives, and is open to useful feedback.
- Adheres to the HealthAlliance-Clinton Hospital Code of Conduct and Behavior Standards and dress code.
- Complies with established environment of care/safety policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
- Maintains, and fosters, an organized, clean, safe work environment.
- Actively contributes to the development and application of process improvements.
- Maintains a collaborative, team relationship with peers and colleagues in order to effectively contribute to the group's achievement of goals and to help foster a positive work environment.
- Demonstrates respect for the diversity of patient and employee populations. Supports and encourages diverse points of view, work and lifestyles.
- Practices cost containment and fiscal responsibility through the efficient use of supplies, equipment, time, etc.
- Performs a variety of related duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTSJOB KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of medical terminology, infection control guidelines, and sterile technique.
- Ability to perform detailed assignments with minimal supervision and work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak clearly in English.
High School diploma required. Certification as a CNA, EMT, or MOS 68W training required. EXPERIENCE:
CNA, EMT or recent military medical experience preferred.An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC.
Certification as a CNA, EMT or recent military medical training required. BLS or CPR certification required Standards of Respect:
We're striving to make respect a part of everything we do at UMass Memorial - for our patients and for each other. We're expecting that our new caregivers practice our six Standards of Respect: Acknowledge, Listen, Communicate, Be Responsive, Be a Team Player,
and Be Kind
, to help us make respect a part of how we take care of business everyday.As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, UMMHC recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.