At Cox, we connect people to the things they love. Now we'd like to connect with you. Cox Communications is looking for sharp talent to join our team and be the voice of our brand.
Manages team of Account Executives responsible for securing access, exclusive marketing rights and bulk agreements in multi- dwelling unit (MDU) communities. Develops, implements, and leads sales strategies for Cox Communications and serves as a strategic partner in the overall operation of the organization. Exceeds revenue growth and profit objectives by minimizing exposed property risk and securing exclusive marketing rights and or bulk agreements with MDU owners and developers.
At Cox Communications, our employees are our most important resource. To demonstrate the value we place in our employees, we offer:
- Competitive base salary plus unlimited commission potential
- Generous benefits to include healthcare day one, paid time off and 401(k) matching
- Free Internet and other Cox discounted services
- Career development programs and ongoing training, including tuition assistance
- Future career growth and promotional opportunities
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Provides leadership and vision to develop a strong sales culture that exceeds sales to regional and national apartment owners, builders, and land developers
- Selects, manages, and develops a high-performance Account Executive sales team that delivers on set goals and contract service expectations.
- Implements the corporate/regional strategy with their Account Executive teams.
- Drives alignment, consistency, and cohesiveness in people practices, management activities, overall performance management and customer service delivery, to achieve personal and department goals.
- Strategically prioritizes team's sales funnel in order to achieve Monthly and Quarterly sales goals and company objectives.
- Develops winning sales strategies for C Level property owners, land developers, and builder targets.
- Monitors and analyzes sales performance, and takes accountability for driving improvements in sales revenue growth, sales productivity, sales quality and optimization of customer satisfaction.
- Establishes and leverages strong business partnerships across all regions and with Center boundary partners to maximize communication and representation on the sales elements of the business to maximize effectiveness.
- Ensures appropriate staffing by effectively interviewing, hiring, coaching, disciplining, evaluating, and mentoring of Account Executives.
- Drives the team toward sales and revenue goals through coaching, monitoring and feedback sessions.
- Assists in administration and tracking of sales incentives (i.e. contests and commissions) and the development of quality measures.
- Effectively resolves complex customer complaints concerning all areas of the company in a win-win fashion by building rapport with the customer using interpersonal techniques and creative problem-solving skills
- Provides influence to help shape and change market strategies.
- Positions and builds relationships with C-Level officers.
- Understands complex contract negotiations and interprets the long term business implications of complex real property contractual language.
- Builds successful partnerships within different Cox departments in order to better serve customer needs and solve problems.
- 7+ years of experience in related field (sales, sales operations, or business administration); 5+ years of experience if candidate possesses advanced degree
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, presentation, and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout the organization
- Adept at data analysis and interpretation to make data based decisions. Uses data to evaluate whether potential MDU agreements add value to the company and determine if further penetration is possible from existing agreements.
- Strong understanding of business acumen
- Strong sales and negotiation/strategic prudence.
- Maintains a global perspective by continuously protecting Cox's best interests. Demonstrates ability to accurately advise company on opportunities and fiscally conservative strategies.
- Ability to identify market trends and communicate to Corporate.
- BS/BA degree in related field
- 2+ years of experience in a management role
- Prior MDU experience
Who We AreAbout Cox Communications
Cox Communications is committed to creating meaningful moments of human connection through broadband applications and services. The largest private telecom company in America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across 18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers, communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. About Cox
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Job ID: 200880