Garelick Farms, a Dean Foods company, is excited to announce an opening for a Warehouse Worker-Plant position!We offer excellent benefits and competitive pay with great growth opportunities!First Shift: Monday - Saturday, Starts at 11:30 am to 8:00 pm or until shift completed, Sunday and week day off.
Job Description & Requirements
The Warehouse Worker - Plant is responsible for moving products or materials in warehouse, verifying purchase order receipts and delivery to purchasing at the end of day. The Warehouse Worker is also responsible for completing daily pick sheets, cycle counts, and production take backs, loading and unloading trucks.
- Loads/unloads stacks and moves items as assigned.
- May sort, bundle and fill containers or place in assembled units.
- May mark or put identifying labels on product loads.
- May record movement of stock in/out of work areas.
- Monitors materials, products and equipment at each step of process and reports irregularities to supervisor.
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, wrap, label, ship)
- Receive and process warehouse stock products (pick, unload, label, store)
- Perform inventory controls and keep quality standards high for audits
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization
- Complete logs into inventory and report any discrepancies
- Communicate and cooperate with supervisors and coworkers
- Operate and maintain preventively warehouse vehicles and equipment
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedures, rules and regulations
- Perform any other assigned tasks.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience preferred but not required.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Experience within the food and beverage industry preferred.
- Must be able to stand, walk, pull, push, reach, and bend virtually the entire shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and assist others when lifting is necessary.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment .
- May occasionally be exposed to cleaning chemicals
- [Delete if not Ice cream plant: For ice cream plants: Exposure to nut allergens.]
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Be able to legibly write entries for record keeping.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and background checks (including criminal).
Dean Foods considers marijuana (including medical marijuana) to be an illegal drug. Dean Foods will rescind offers of employment to applicants who test positive for marijuana (unless restricted from doing so by state or local law). Dean Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.
California applicants, click here for information regarding the data collection notice for California Consumer Privacy Act.
Posting ID: 555226033Posted: 2020-06-23