Overview Smile, You've Found Us!
Are you a RN that is passionate about caregiving? Would you like to work with the best team in the world? If so, Diversicare invites you to apply for our Registered Nurse position.
We build on trust, respect, customer focus, compassion, diplomacy, appreciation and strong communication skills to shape the culture in our workplace. Diversicare team members play a critical role in fostering an environment of Service Excellence, which we extend to all those we are privileged to serve.
If you wish to make a difference in the lives of our patients and residents, APPLY NOW!Full Time Benefits include:
- Excellent 401k plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation, Holiday, and Sick Time
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Referral Bonuses
- DiversICARE - employee hardship fund
- Pay advancement program - OnShift Wallet
Diversicare provides post-acute care services to patients and residents at 62 skilled nursing and long-term care centers in nine states, primarily in the Southeast, Midwest and Southwest United States. Together, with our team of dedicated healthcare professionals, we leverage our diverse strengths to provide each patient and resident with healthcare serves that best meet their needs.
It is Diversicare's Mission to "Improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations."
We are guided to excellence by five Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork and Stewardship, as well as 12 Service Standards.
We build on trust, respect, customer focus, compassion, diplomacy, appreciation and strong communication skills to shape the culture in our workplace. Diversicare team members play a critical role in fostering an environment of Service Excellence. Our Service Standards are in place to offer support. They lead us to what matters most to our company: creating a warm, caring, safe and professional environment for our customers and each other.
Our culture of impassioned service delivery is the Diversicare Difference
Renders professional nursing service to residents within an assigned unit/wing in support of medical care as directed by the medical staff; supervises CNAs to ensure a high quality of care is provided to all residents of that unit.
- Responsible for daily nursing operations of a specific unit/wing.
- Performs nursing techniques for the comfort and well-being of the residents; checks each resident daily to determine status; ensures residents reach highest attainable level of functioning.
- Prepares equipment and assists physicians during their rounds.
- Administers prescribed medications, orally and by injection; provides treatments using therapeutic equipment; ensures proper handling and storage of medications and controlled substances.
- Observes resident's reactions to medications and treatments.
- Observes, records, and reports changes in residents' condition to supervisor and attending physician.
- Maintains resident's medical record by way of documentation as required by policy.
- Provides education to residents and families regarding care.
- Assists in planning, supervising and instructing CNA; assigns daily work assignments to ensure positive outcomes for residents.
- Implements and maintains policies and procedures.
- Ensures that safe work practices are utilized.
- Ensures proper infection control techniques are utilized.
- Assists in the Continuous Quality Improvement Program and ensures follow-up occurs.
- Reports accurately to oncoming shift Charge Nurse regarding change in resident status and follow-up needs.
- Completes performance evaluations timely for CNAs
- Coaches and disciplines CNAs as needed - ensures personnel policies are followed.
- Recommends staffing, equipment and supply needs to DON.
- Responsible for capturing charges for all supplies issued to residents on that unit.
- Participates in care planning process and ensures the Nursing component is implemented.
- Ensures the rights of residents are respected; coordinates with other departments and ensures residents are taken to activities, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintains effective communication with residents, families and facility staff.
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Has a current license by the State Board of Nursing as an RN.
- Must have the ability to lead and motivate subordinates.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties characterized by frequent change, as work schedule will change on a daily basis.
- Able to work intimately with residents, physicians, and staff.
- Experience in the long term care setting preferred.
- Capable of working to prescribed nursing standards.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills; has an interest to perform a service.