MAKE YOUR MARK, MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Diversicare is a premier provider of post-acute healthcare services with a strong legacy of quality care. We strive to foster a culture of transparency, support, and innovation. Our Mission is to improve every life we touch by providing exceptional healthcare and exceeding expectations
. We are proud to provide work/life integration for our team members and offer a comprehensive benefits package.
Diversicare operates 76 centers in ten states primarily in the Midwest, Southeast and Southwest. As Diversicare team member, you will play an instrumental role in the care of our patients and residents, our most important responsibility. We are seeking compassionate team members to assist our patients and residents with activities of daily living. We are committed to providing a supportive and collaborative work environment for our team members. A qualified candidate is responsible for all key accountabilities in a manner that is reflective of Diversicare's Mission and Core Values: Integrity, Excellence, Compassion, Teamwork, and Stewardship.
If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of patients and residents you serve, Diversicare is the place for you.
The Dietary Cook is responsible for each resident receiving a nutritious and appetizing meal as ordered by the physician. Food must be handled with care, must be prepared according to recipes, be served in the proper amounts and at proper temperatures.
- Prepares meals and serves, using portion control directives.
- Make sure all foods are pulled and thawed in proper time and stored properly.
- Check menus and make sure any pre-preparation in completed.
- Check daily menus and review daily production sheet with Food Service Supervisor.
- Safely operate equipment, making sure it is properly cleaned and sanitized after each use. Report equipment problems as per facility policy.
- Maintain cleaning schedule to verify proper cleaning is completed on a daily basis and document.
- Label and date foods and rotate properly.
- Take temperatures of foods for each meal and document.
- Check daily temperatures of cooler/freezer and document.
- Record meal substitutions, if applicable.
- Maintain effective communication with residents, families and facility staff.
- Must have knowledge of quantity and quality cooking.
- Must be knowledgeable of portion control and quality assurance.
- Must have knowledge of modified diets.
- Must have knowledge regarding ordering and/or purchasing of food items.
- Must be familiar with Board of Health regulations.
- Must be able to communicate with fellow employees and with Food Service Director and other departments.
- Able to read, write and understand instruction.
Diversicare is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. Diversicare does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, age, or disability, sexual orientation, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting ID: 555226495Posted: 2020-05-26