The Registered Nurse is responsible for the delivery of safe patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Provides direct patient care within the scope of practice. The Registered Nurse also directs and guides patient/family teaching and activities of other nursing personnel while maintaining standards of professional nursing care in Telemetry. The Registered Nurse is directly responsible and accountable for the care given to his/her patients in the Emergency Department. He / She communicates with the physician about the changes in the patient s clinical condition including results of the diagnostic studies and sypmtomatology. Is able to respond quickly and accurately to changes in the condition and/or response to treatment. Is knowledgeable about EMTALA regulations and reporting of child/adult abuse to appropriate agencies and Hospital Social Worker. Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality.
Education and Work Experience
- Current and valid state RN License.
- Current BLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
- Current ACLS (AHA) certificate upon hire and maintain current.
- Current PALS (AHA) certificate 90 days upon hire and maintain current.
- Minimum of one year experience as a staff nurse RN in an acute care hospital or E.R. setting preferred.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) preferred.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Behavioral Violence Prevention (BVP) certificate within 90 days of hire and maintain current.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Posting ID: 555226521Posted: 2020-05-26