M Health Fairview Southdale Hospital in Edina, MN is looking for a Nurse Manager of Neonatal Intensive Care and Labor & Delivery.
Fairview Southdale Hospital is a 390-bed licensed facility providing care to people living and working in the southwest Twin Cities metro area. Southdale Hospital offers over 40 specialty services including cardiology, orthopedics, oncology, obstetrics, primary care, neurosciences, critical care, vascular and emergency services. Working together, providers combine their talents to balance innovative technologies and treatments with state of the art medicine to address the holistic needs of patients and their families.
M Health Fairview Southdale Hospital supports over 3,000 expectant families bring their babies into the world annually. Our Birth Center provides a calm environment that features private rooms, several rooms have birthing tubs, low lighting, infant warmers, aroma therapy and all of the necessary monitoring equipment. Patients and their families receive individual care and teaching from our highly experienced birthplace nurses and lactation consultants in collaboration with the obstetrician and/or midwife, pediatrician and/or neonatology team.
The manager will have direct accountability for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and Labor & Delivery and work in collaboration with the Family Care Center Manager who oversees postpartum care and lactation services. This is a full-time and benefit eligible position. Labor and Delivery:
- 11 Labor & Delivery Rooms for inpatient antepartum and intrapartum care, 3 OB triage rooms; 2 OB Operating Rooms; and 3 Surgical Recovery rooms.
- 9 Provider groups practice at Southdale and include both midwifery and obstetrical services.
- Unit is covered 24/7 with in-house obstetrical providers for emergency response.
- Anesthesia services are available 24/7.
- 54 FTE
- 18 bed-level III neonatal intensive care unit is staffed with professional RN staff under the direction of 24/7 in-house advanced practice provider coverage in consultation with Neonatology from M Health Fairview University of Minnesota.
- The NICU had an average daily census of 12 in 2019.
- 30 FTE
- There are two patient care supervisors that support the Birthplace (Labor and Delivery, Family Care, and NICU). Each manager is accountable to oversee 1 patient care supervisor.
- Ancillary health unit coordinators and nursing assistants are also staffed 24/7. Oversight over health unit coordinators, nursing assistants, and surgical technicians is done in consultation with a greater operational leadership team.
- All units are staffed according to AWHONN recommendations in all areas.
- Professional growth is encouraged by cross-training staff to other units within the Birthplace.
- A second manager oversees 30 private bed post-partum unit that provides couplet care to mothers and infants utilizing the principle philosophies associated with Baby-friendly initiatives.
- Lactation services are available for inpatient care by IBCLC nursing staff.
- M Health Fairview Southdale will soon be designated a Milk Depot in the Twin Cities.
The Nurse Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of assigned area(s) to ensure support of the mission, goals, and objectives of assigned area(s) and Fairview Health Services
- Develops and/or provides input into budget for assigned area(s) according to established procedures.
- Ensures that a process for collecting, monitoring and reporting quality data exists for assigned area.
- Investigates and responds appropriately to all complaints and takes effective, corrective action when necessary.
- Utilizes the nursing process in problem solving,
- Serves as a role model for staff.
- Manages change using a planned, orderly approach.
- Demonstrates ability to implement problem-solving mechanisms in both routine and emergency situations.
- Delegates appropriate tasks to staff.
- Ensures implementation and development of standards of practice in patient care that reflect valid research findings.
- Evaluates, develops and revises clinical systems to assure regulatory compliance
Qualifications Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing or related field. If bachelors is not in nursing then must have a Master's degree in nursing.
- 3 years clinical nursing experience
- 3 -5 years experience in nursing leadership position in a hospital based setting
- Minnesota RN license
- Preferred Advanced Degree in nursing or related field
- Other forms of supervisory or management experience
- 5 plus years clinical nursing experience in OB (PP/L&D)
- NRP at time of hire or within 6 months of hire date. Related EMR/electronic medical record skills.
Posting ID: 555226656Posted: 2020-04-07