Healtheast and Fairview Health Services is looking for a RN at St Joseph's Hospital in St Paul, MN. This position is 48
hours per two weeks with 8 hour Day/Evening
shifts and every other weekend rotation and a holiday rotation. This position is eligible for full benefits
As a Registered Nurse, you've chosen a career that offers many opportunities and unrivaled satisfaction. We are dedicated to providing extraordinary nurses like you with the support and resources to advance your professional career. St Joseph's Hospital is located in the heart of downtown St Paul, MN and is Minnesota's first hospital. The culture is rich with history and the patient population is diverse. As an RN in a Med/Surg Neuro Telemetry Unit at St Joseph's Hospital, each day will be different and the environment is fast paced and collaborative. This unit prides itself on supporting a culture of learning and continuous improvement. Healtheast was the first company in MN to have a spine certification. We pride ourselves in delivering the best patient care every day, every time. About this position - Med/Surg Neuro Telemetry
- 20 private rooms
- Patient Population: Med/Surg, spine surgeries, strokes
- Unit Culture: prides themselves on teaching and learning
- Unit is Stroke Certified & Spine Certified
- Certificates encouraged
- Demonstrates commitment to principles of the patient care model (Professional Partnership Model) and achieving the HealthEast nursing vision and strategy.
- Utilizes the nursing process, including assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to coordinate outcome focused patient care. Throughout this process, also understands and incorporates holistic nursing theory based on Watson's Theory of Caring aligning with the practice standards of the American Holistic Nurses' Association whenever holistic therapy is offered.
- Communicates effectively with patient/family, physicians, the interdependent team, and other disciplines regarding the plan of care.
- Assesses and documents learning needs of the patient and family. Develops an individualized education plan for patients and families based on identified needs.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements at the point of care to achieve clinical quality, customer experience, nursing engagement, and efficiency and effectiveness outcomes.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, accreditation standards, board of nursing requirements, patient safety requirements, infection control practices, and other established practice standards, policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Coordinates the interdependent team while promoting collaborative teamwork and cooperation.
- Actively participates in the development and achievement of department goals (safety, cost, quality, patient experience, employee engagement).
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Valid Basic Life Support(BLS)
- Valid RN Licensure from MN Board of Nursing
- One year Neuro Acute Care RN experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Neuro or Spine RN experience
Posting ID: 555226671Posted: 2020-05-26