Healtheast and Fairview Health Services is looking for a RN at St Joseph's Hospital in St Paul, MN. This position is 48 hours
per two weeks, variable schedule with 12 hours shifts
on the Night
shift with an every third weekend
rotation and a holiday rotation. This position is eligible for full benefits.
If you have a passion for Heart Care, working in the Neuro/Cardiac ICU at St. Joseph's Hospital is an amazing opportunity for you. St Joseph's Hospital is located in the heart of downtown St Paul, MN and is Minnesota's first hospital. The culture is rich with history and the patient population is diverse. As an ICU RN at St Joseph's Hospital, each day is a new adventure with 24 ICU beds in a busy inner city hospital, the variety of experiences are plentiful. We pride ourselves in delivering the best patient care everyday, every time. About this position - ICU 5100
- 24 beds, Cardiac and Neuro
- Patient Population: Heart attack, stroke
- Ages 18+
- Demonstrates commitment to principles of the patient care model (Professional Partnership Model) and achieving the HealthEast nursing vision and strategy.
- Utilizes the nursing process, including assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation, to coordinate outcome focused patient care. Throughout this process, also understands and incorporates holistic nursing theory based on Watson's Theory of Caring aligning with the practice standards of the American Holistic Nurses' Association whenever holistic therapy is offered.
- Communicates effectively with patient/family, physicians, the interdependent team, and other disciplines regarding the plan of care.
- Assesses and documents learning needs of the patient and family. Develops an individualized education plan for patients and families based on identified needs.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements at the point of care to achieve clinical quality, customer experience, nursing engagement, and efficiency and effectiveness outcomes.
- Complies with regulatory requirements, accreditation standards, board of nursing requirements, patient safety requirements, infection control practices, and other established practice standards, policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Coordinates the interdependent team while promoting collaborative teamwork and cooperation.
- Actively participates in the development and achievement of department goals (safety, cost, quality, patient experience, employee engagement).
- Maintains knowledge of, and complies with, all relevant laws, regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Actively participates in creating and implementing improvements.
- Performs other responsibilities as needed/assigned.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Valid Basic Life Support(BLS)
- Valid RN Licensure from MN Board of Nursing
- One year of RN Intensive Care ICU experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- Cardiac and/or Neuro ICU experience
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) from American Heart Association
Posting ID: 555226673Posted: 2020-05-26