Job ID: 197439
Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division, part of CRH South Division of Companies, is the leader in production of high-quality hot mix and warm mix asphalt, and, with a team of skilled contracting professionals, Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division also offers design-build and conventional-bid-build solutions for roadway and civil construction projects. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, and with offices throughout Florida and in Savannah, Georgia, and Hardeeville, South Carolina, Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division performs asphalt paving, grading, and related roadway services. Our employees make Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division a great place to work. We promote a strong safety culture, where employees take responsibility for their own safety. The LoaderOperatormoves, loads and handles materials in the terminal area with the use of heavy equipment. The Loader Operator will use large earth-moving machines, such as bulldozers, backhoes, excavators and front-end loaders and/or other huge machinery to lift, haul, push, roll, load and move aggregate and aggregate related materials.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities:
- Operatebackhoes, bulldozers, loaders and/or other heavy equipment to excavate, move, load and grade earth, rock, gravel or other materials in a safe manner.
- Operateheavy equipment to move, load and unload materials into/out of railcars and/or other modes of transportation.
- Conductpre-operational checks on equipment and clean, lubricate and refill equipment.
- AssistYard Manager and/or Yard Foreman in coordinating materials handling and equipment usage.
- Be able toperform the following specific tasks:
- Operategeneral construction equipment at the terminal when given training.
- Required tolift 50 pounds..
- Complete miscellaneous jobs according to instructions given.
- Knowledge of the use and capabilities of heavy equipment and machinery used in maintenance and construction tasks.
- Knowledge of both traffic and safety rules.
- Knowledge of the practices and techniques applied to the safe operation of heavy equipment.
- Ability to keep records and make oral or written reports.
- Ability to make simple arithmetic computations.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to climb, bend, stoop, and squat frequently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the public.
- Ability to work long hours out-of-doors, occasionally under adverse weather conditions.
- Ability to communicate effectively using speaking, hearing, writing, and vision skills.
- Ability to operate heavy and complex equipment requiring skill and the exercise of independent judgment.
- Need to ensure that equipment is operating in a safe and sound manner and capacity to keep records pertaining to such operations.
- Ability to perform manual labor incidental to the assigned task.
- The desire to perform related work as required.
Experience:Three years of experience in public works maintenance and/or construction work, one year of which involves the operation of a variety of heavy equipment. A comparable amount ofdirectly relatedexperience may be substituted for the minimum educational requirements.
- Completion of 8th grade, graduation from high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma preferred.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Must maintain a safe driving record and have a valid driver's license.
- Must be reliable, hardworking and able to work in a team environment.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted:Jun 29, 2020Nearest Major Market:
Plant, Warehouse, Transportation, Plant Operator, Equipment Operator, Manufacturing, Engineering
Posting ID: 555227942Posted: 2020-07-14