20205 S Crawford Avenue
PRN (As Needed)
Master's Required WHAT WE NEED Patient-focused pharmacistsWHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A complete team of medical professionals includes a Clinical Pharmacy Specialist that supports the physician by ensuring optimal use of medications. At Franciscan Health, that support is enhanced by working in an environment of joyful, compassionate care. If you want to impact a patient's quality of life, this is the place for you.
Do you take pride in your skills and sound judgment? Are you able to work as part of a team? Do you want to use your pharmaceutical skills in support of optimal outcomes? If so, we have a great opportunity waiting for you. WHAT YOU WILL DO
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Collaborate with allied health disciplines to provide quality patient care.
- Consult with and advise other Healthcare professionals and patients on matters pertaining to selection, procurement, distribution, and safe and appropriate use of medications.
- Coordinate and deliver ongoing staff education for clinical staff pharmacist.
- Direct and precept students and/or residents.
- Lead cost effective formulary management initiatives.
- Review adverse events related to the medication use process, recommend improvements to the medication use process as needed, and ensure improvements are implemented.
- Review literature and publications in area of specialization and recommend improvements to the medication use process.
- Review prescriptions and medication orders, check for appropriateness and provide information needed to properly and safely administer the medication.
- Attend and participate in local and system-wide committees to improve the medication use process.
- Draft, review, and revise medication related policies, procedures, guidelines and protocols.
- Provide clinical pharmacy services as outlined in approved hospital policies, including but not limited to, pharmacokinetic consults, renal dosing, parenteral nutrition management, anticoagulation management, neonatal/pediatric/geriatric dosing management, route optimization, antimicrobial stewardship, and reviewing medications at transitions of care.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Prior PGY-2 Pharmacy and/or PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency experience.
- Advanced clinical pharmacy practice skill set.
- Knowledge of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Standard Precautions.
- Deliver presentations and public speaking engagements.
- Develop effective relationships with patients, hospital departments, and other external parties.
- Highly developed communication skills, successfully demonstrated in effectively working with a wide variety of people in both individual and group settings.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, or policies impacting the Healthcare industry.
- Maintain composure, even in very difficult situations.
- Knowledge of procedures and protocols necessary to provide patient safety.
- Research methodology, principles, and procedures.
- Terminology used in diagnosis and classification of illnesses, injuries, and disabilities.
3-5 Years Experience
Travel: EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of Franciscan Alliance to provide equal employment to its employees and qualified applicants for employment as otherwise required by an applicable local, state or Federal law.
Franciscan Alliance reserves a Right of Conscience objection in the event local, state or Federal ordinances that violate its values and the free exercise of its religious rights.
Franciscan Alliance is committed to equal employment opportunity.
CLINICAL PROFESSIONAL Nearest Major Market:
Posting ID: 555228104Posted: 2020-06-30